OT Valentines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

cheysmomager

Cheer Parent
Mar 2, 2011
PARENTS: Those of you with pre-teen and older kids. Do you still buy valentines gifts for your kids? I know my mother (God rest her soul) would STILL be buying me something on Valentines.

Other than stuffed animals, jewlry, and candy, any ideas? With my CP having such a healthy addiction to bows, what do you think about a bow......maybe valentine themed??

All ideas are appreciated!!

I am currently a senior in college and my dad still sends me flowers every year and my mom sends me a card and money. I know if I had a kid I would send them something every year no matter how old they were. I think it would be cute if you got her a Valentine's day bow.

I wish my parents got us stuff... they stopped around the time that my older sister was 9... meaning I got them till I was 7, my brother got them till he was 5, and my other brothers only got them until they were 3... haha sad for them!
I think a bow would be SO cute! My mom doesn't even know that I like bows, she's not really in tune to that haha so props to you for knowing ;) A valentines bow is good but maybe just a fun bow with a cute print would be better so that she could wear it all the time, and not just around Valentines?

I still get a Valentine from my dad - usually just a card and a box of those conversation hearts. That's all I really ever got for Valentine's Day.

A bow is super cute though!

I get cards from my parents, and sometimes some candy.

I'd love if my mom got me a bow--even it was just a pink or red sparkley bow. it doesn't have to have valentines day "stuff" on it.

i'm 22 (and my sister is 26) and my mom still gets us gifts. she always said we were the loves of her life, and therefore her valentines :D

gifts are nothing crazy, usually under $50. but in the past she's gotten me nail polish/a little makeup from sephora. maybe a Starbucks, barnes & noble or victoria's secret gift card. and some healthy snacks (since i HATE chocolate)

i think a bow would be adorable! especially if CP is really into them.

gifts are nothing crazy, usually under $50. but in the past she's gotten me nail polish/a little makeup from sephora. maybe a Starbucks, barnes & noble or victoria's secret gift card. and some healthy snacks (since i HATE chocolate)
Leave.gif

Is it a standard thing for people to get Valentine's stuff from their parents in the US? I don't know of anything like that happening here, seems odd to me! Although equally I may just have been living in a bubble and need to be reimbursed by my parents for 19 years worth of presents...

Is it a standard thing for people to get Valentine's stuff from their parents in the US? I don't know of anything like that happening here, seems odd to me! Although equally I may just have been living in a bubble and need to be reimbursed by my parents for 19 years worth of presents...

My parents always got each other presents and they didn't want me to feel left out as a kid with nothing to open. They always got me something when I was little and now I guess it's just tradition. I'm in college and I know they are sending me something this year because my mom told me to watch the mail (our boxes are across the apartment complex and I never remember to check it).

i think i was more of the "oddball" out of all of my friends... no one's parents seemed to do the same as my mom. so i'd say it's not all that common here.

i think my mom always went all out because my parents got divorced when i was very young, so for most of my life it was just the 3 of us (my mom, sister, and i) so we always celebrated our love of our family on valentine's day... and it just sort of stuck. :)

Is it a standard thing for people to get Valentine's stuff from their parents in the US? I

I don't know if it is "standard". My parents (RIP) would always get me something for every occasion. Never anything elaborate (a small stuffed animal, small box of candy, ect) and I find myself carrying on this, and other, traditions.

I appreciate everyone's input!! I found a Valentine bow that I think I will get. I do want to get a valentine one, so that she remembers what she got it for. She gets bows all the time (9 for Christmas) so I thought this one should represent.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I don't know if it is "standard". My parents (RIP) would always get me something for every occasion. Never anything elaborate (a small stuffed animal, small box of candy, ect) and I find myself carrying on this, and other, traditions.

I appreciate everyone's input!! I found a Valentine bow that I think I will get. I do want to get a valentine one, so that she remembers what she got it for. She gets bows all the time (9 for Christmas) so I thought this one should represent.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l
Can you be my mom???

I still get a Valentine from my dad - usually just a card and a box of those conversation hearts. That's all I really ever got for Valentine's Day.

A bow is super cute though!
Same here. My dad always gave me a box of those conversation hearts and sometimes a card. I always thought it was so cute of him.

Can you be my mom???

You should have asked earlier this week!! I was about ready to trade my CP off!!

Just remember, the grass just LOOKS greener on the other side!! I am sure you have wonderful parents that probably do things that I don't or cannot!!

I'll keep you in mind if she gets out of had again!! hahaha

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

You should have asked earlier this week!! I was about ready to trade my CP off!!

Just remember, the grass just LOOKS greener on the other side!! I am sure you have wonderful parents that probably do things that I don't or cannot!!

I'll keep you in mind if she gets out of had again!! hahaha

Have a nice day!
Love,
l
bahaha I do have wonderful parents! just not ones who understand cheer ;)

Back