All-Star Vancouver Allstars New Webseries?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

most if not all level 5 teams in canada are international i do not think i have ever seen a canadian gym in senior 5 as most of these teams are the ones that do try to compete at worlds if that makes sense at all...
sorry ive had 3 hours of sleep

Flyers all starz, cheersport sharks, pct cobras, black widow, rnd elite, perfect storm, and rsc coyotes are all Canadian gyms with senior 5 teams this season. Although most gyms put their talent in the international divisions first because they have more chances of doing well at worlds. They are definitely not quite up to par with US teams yet tumbling-wise but I guess we've come a long way considering that prior to 2005/06 in Quebec (and probably most other canadian provinces) All star cheer was almost non-existant and competitions were few and far-between.

Flyers all starz, cheersport sharks, pct cobras, black widow, rnd elite, perfect storm, and rsc coyotes are all Canadian gyms with senior 5 teams this season. Although most gyms put their talent in the international divisions first because they have more chances of doing well at worlds. They are definitely not quite up to par with US teams yet tumbling-wise but I guess we've come a long way considering that prior to 2005/06 in Quebec (and probably most other canadian provinces) All star cheer was almost non-existant and competitions were few and far-between.
this. more or less this is what i meant in the first place, Canadian cheer is starting to really step up their abilities to be able to compete with US teams at worlds, but frankly in my opinion in order for Canadian teams to do well at words i believe they have to stay within the international division. not to slam any gyms but i feel like Canadian teams have a knack for putting out routines that aren't polished, sloppy, and have terrible timing due to feeling the need to rush through everything. but compared to what cheerleading was like when i started in 2005 we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we use to be and im so proud of every gym i've seen in recent years because they have grown so much.

this. more or less this is what i meant in the first place, Canadian cheer is starting to really step up their abilities to be able to compete with US teams at worlds, but frankly in my opinion in order for Canadian teams to do well at words i believe they have to stay within the international division. not to slam any gyms but i feel like Canadian teams have a knack for putting out routines that aren't polished, sloppy, and have terrible timing due to feeling the need to rush through everything. but compared to what cheerleading was like when i started in 2005 we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we use to be and im so proud of every gym i've seen in recent years because they have grown so much.

I feel it has to do with population base. I look at Manitoba, and we have a city of 750,000. Thats about it. Next closest city is 3 hours away with 55,000. Realistically, the chances of any one program getting 20-36 kids who can tumble through to a full are slim. I'm just thrilled I have 3 who can end a pass in a full for my IOC6. We work on it, but you just end up with a limited athlete pool compared to Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal area.

Thanks farm country for having low population density!

I feel it has to do with population base. I look at Manitoba, and we have a city of 750,000. Thats about it. Next closest city is 3 hours away with 55,000. Realistically, the chances of any one program getting 20-36 kids who can tumble through to a full are slim. I'm just thrilled I have 3 who can end a pass in a full for my IOC6. We work on it, but you just end up with a limited athlete pool compared to Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal area.

this was me when i started i had absolutely no tumbling what so ever (were talking not even a forward roll, tragic i know) and was in a small town with a population of 2,000 on a good day yet somehow they still managed to field teams every year. i really do wish cheerleading would expand and boom more within Canada.

i would also love for more Americans to come here and compete mainly so the teams that cant afford to travel can see what other gyms look like. id always been lucky to be on teams where we would go all over the US just to see big name gyms. for my team it was always eye opening because we could see the precision and the effort they put into things we would blow off like jump technique (seriously all my gyms slacked hard in that area always). i was lucky and got to cheer in cali for a bit and that whole experience showed me so much of how certain teams work and how some gyms are busting with talent and work their athletes in other ways i hadnt seen before. it really did give me a new level of respect for the coaches of the teams. i also feel like none of the technique issues i have with some gyms in canada at the fault of the coaches but mainly some of the athletees and parents who simply think of it like a silly dance class or something that you can run out on whenever you feel the need. i do know that this idea is changing as people were finally beginning to take it more seriously as i was moving away to school.

**again sorry for the ramble my brain desperately wants to shut down from lack of sleep, also nobody take me as bashing canadian gyms i just see an area where every gym could grow and become better then what they are and im extremely proud of where they've come within the last 4-5 years

i would also love for more Americans to come here and compete mainly so the teams that cant afford to travel can see what other gyms look like.
Personally, I think it would be awesome to travel to Canada for a competition.

I see your point but in Montreal we have a different issue where there are 10-15 gyms (and at least 5 with 300+ members) within 15 minutes of each other and gym hopping is so common that they have started setting rules to prevent it.
I feel like if you are the only gym in a smaller city than you at least get to keep the athletes you have worked so hard to train and build...whereas if you are one of many gyms in Mtl/TO chances are some of your athletes will eventually leave (to be with their friends, because they didn't make a certain team, to go to a more successful gym , etc.) Here is is the norm to have been a member 3-5 different all star gyms in your cheer career....

Different issues, but just as problematic :confused:

I like the series so far! There's only one thing I have to say and it's that for some odd reason I really, really don't like seeing the flyers so adamantly punctuating every word of the music with their mouths. I know it's done in competitions all the time but I guess most videos I've seen for a series on a team don't have the flyers doing that. Just me being weird and nit-picky, nothing against the program or athletes. ;)

Is anyone else confused as to why they have 13 year olds on their team but compete in International Open All Girl? Don't they have to be 14?

Is anyone else confused as to why they have 13 year olds on their team but compete in International Open All Girl? Don't they have to be 14?

The rule has now changed so if an athlete turns 14 in the year of Worlds they are eligible.

Back