All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

UCA aka Varsity aka USASF always has been and always will be the same to me, UNTIL decisions made for one do not seem to have ANY affect for the other. The "roll over bid" is the "good ole boy" system. Keeps the gyms/teams that do well to continue to return. Those gyms in return will speak favorably of their events.

Idk what will come of this "Summit", I look forward to seeing what will come of it. However, I'm already annoyed that a level 1-4 "World Champion" style event is ok and even catering to gyms without "World's" teams. I'm not taking anything away from gyms that don't but if your going to call it the "best of the best" then dang it figure out where/how/whatever needs to be done to make it the best of the best of ALL gyms, if not just call yourself another national and recognize it for what it really is, just another comp at Disney.

We finish almost a month before this event, for us it's perfect to finish earlier rather than later. But then again, I wasn't in this focus group so idl all details.

Interesting that UCA happens to be the comp that has had the big "oops" the last 3 years and hand out an extra bid rather than fix the mistake.

The NCA "controversy" from this past season all over again...

UCA college nationals now gives out bids based on the previous year. A team that was great last year may not be that great the following year. I am on the fence about it really, I can see the point but at the same time they should have to work for their bid the same way everyone else does.
Like the world champions I use to think should get an automatic bid, but an example of how that could be iffy is 2011 worlds, KA Cats won worlds in 2010 but in 2011 they were almost an entirely new team and didn't even compare really to the 2010 team.

They gave them a bid for the "experience".

We have had that problem too, not to say that our level 4's shouldn't be just as good at their own level but still tough to compete against kids who already have perfect layouts and full-ups to the top.

Are you from Force or American Cheer?

Force, this is Dani. Are you Dani, Brittons sister?

They have an entire year to figure out the worlds situation for next year - and there's only so much they can do considering they probably can't move venues. They probably started planning/organizing before Worlds 2012, for one thing. This doesn't have to be an either/or and it completely distracts from the conversation to start throwing that around.

Plus technically this is Varsity and Worlds is USASF.

USASF needs to use the Indiana Jones theater, Epcot, Jostens and the Wide World of Sports center. They need to allocate more divisions in the Jostens center. Stop putting all those divisions like small senior and large coed back to back. Put some in the Jostens center.

I think Varsity should survey how many teams really want to add a "end of the season overall championship." To be honest, winning All Levels or US Finals doesn't carry as much as weight as winning NCA, Cheersport, UCA or Jamfest Supernationals. Just think they should focus on events that are currently working.

USASF needs to use the Indiana Jones theater, Epcot, Jostens and the Wide World of Sports center. They need to allocate more divisions in the Jostens center. Stop putting all those divisions like small senior and large coed back to back. Put some in the Jostens center.
Jostens yes. Indiana Jones and Epcot no. Heard UCA nightmare stories a few years ago about parents having to run back and forth from Wide World of Sports to Indiana Jones when they had 2 kids on different teams.

Back