All-Star Vegan Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2011
I had a parent of a new girl ask me last night about buying her daughter some vegan shoes (ie no leather). I really want this girl to fly so she'd need flyer shoes. Do vegan cheer shoes exist and if so where?

It probably depends on how vegan she wants to be. Just no leather? Or is she concerned about animal sources in adhesives and other materials? I'm thinking if it's just no leather, that's pretty simple... truly vegan, though, might not be so easy.

I am actually almost in shock that someone asked this. While I understand personal beliefs about being vegan, there is a good possibility that if it's more then just no "leather" it may be tough. However, I am sure they can find something.

We are 'sheep' (if you'll pardon that lol) when it comes to the food we put in our bodies. Most other countries (outside the US) have regulations on the amount of chemicals and the labeling requirements of foods. On the shelves in Ireland (since I was just there I know this lol), it is labeled right next to the fruit/veg where it comes from (Holland, Chile, etc) at least in the supermarkets I went to.
FrankenFruit/Genetically Modified Organisms must be labeled. The junk that goes into the 'meat' we feed to our kids at school is deplorable. The people who know/work with it, don't let their kids eat it because they know how bad it is. Unfortunately, it's become that good, clean food free of pesticides, modifiers and fillers can get very very expensive. By forgoing meat, you're avoiding a major source of ingested chemicals..I'd do it if I didn't like meat so much lol So I try to just eat local when I can.

ANYWAY- Props to her for trying to find vegan cheer shoes. Talk about literally 'walking the walk' and not just 'talking the talk.' I'd imagine you would have to ask a coach because you figure they'd know more about cheer apparel than others..

I agree I was rude. The world does not revolve around vegetarians. Maybe it's just me and my many situations I've been in w/ complaining vegetarians. You don't ask a coach to go out of their way looking for a pair of leather free shoes because you are vegan. That's so selfish. Just my opinion.

Vegetarians and Vegans are two different things. Vegetarians shouldn't hypothetically have a problem with leather shoes. If Veganism is important to you, then you try and find an option where you can make it work or you make the decision to not cheer. It's not that big of a deal. If the OP can't find alternate shoes, then the woman will probably pull her daughter. I think the mom should be looking herself, but if she's knew to cheer, she probably doesn't even know what qualifies as a cheer shoe. But it doesn't sound like she's making crazy demands, just asking if there are vegan cheer shoes, which are probably most of them.

Are nfinitys and similar sneakers made with real leather anyway? The Vengeance might have no leather. It's all that weird mesh.

Back