All-Star Vegan Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol at the discussions. It wasn't a big deal that she asked me, here in the uk there are few cheer educated people and the parents don't have a first clue on anything. They all ask me where to get stuff. Most of our girls wear kaepa stellarlyte and I had a look on the label but it didn't say anything about what they were made of hence why I asked here.

Does someone know for sure the nfinity doesn't have leather? If so I'll have to tell her she will have to get some imported if her daughter wants to continue to cheer.

Thanks guys, I can always rely on you to provide entertainment whilst answering questions ;)

Just looked up those cheer shoes on this website. It says synthetic leather:

Kids Kaepa Stellarlyte Cheer Shoes | Cheer Shoes

Maybe give the mom the name of the shoe and the link and tell her you think they're vegan, but she should confirm?

Maybe try emailing nfinity?

I had assumed, and Hodiestee confirmed it, that the cheer mom wasn't making a ridiculous demand. She was just asking someone far more educated than herself if there were non-leather cheer sneakers.

Yes, I read it too and now I know. I got a different impression from the first time reading it. I also didn't know she was from the UK. Sorry if I offended anyone and for being rude. I could have stated my opinion without the being rude.

The amount of ignorance and self-obsession it takes for a person to criticize someone because they want to stick to their belief system baffles me, and it was taken to a whole new level in this thread. Holy crap.

Ignorance? Yes because I don't know much about being vegan. Self-obsession? Lol really? Absolutely not.

Ignorance? Yes because I don't know much about being vegan. Self-obsession? Lol really? Absolutely not.

When someone judges someone based on their beliefs it SCREAMS self-obsession to me. You're expecting someone to respect you for your beliefs but allow yourself to tarnish theirs. The way you went about the first few comments was ridiculously ignorant, rude, unnecessary, and selfish. If you've ever made a decision or not done something because you didn't believe it was right then you are being extremely hypocritical and immature saying that a woman should just deal with the fact that wearing certain apparel goes against her beliefs.

When someone judges someone based on their beliefs it SCREAMS self-obsession to me. You're expecting someone to respect you for your beliefs but allow yourself to tarnish theirs. The way you went about the first few comments was ridiculously ignorant, rude, unnecessary, and selfish. If you've ever made a decision or not done something because you didn't believe it was right then you are being extremely hypocritical and immature saying that a woman should just deal with the fact that wearing certain apparel goes against her beliefs.

Well that's your opinion and I'm not going to bark at you because I disagree. I apologized for being rude because I was. I still have the same opinion. If you are participating in something that goes against your beliefs, you need to understand that everyone isn't willing to change just for you (and you shouldn't be upset about it). I'm not saying that that's what the cheer mom was doing now, but I did have the impression she was giving the coach a hard time in my first posts. So agree to disagree, it's ok. FYI being ignorant is not a bad thing. The way you use the word ignorant, makes me think you're ignorant about what ignorant means. Feel free to educate me. I'm always open to learning.

Well that's your opinion and I'm not going to bark at you because I disagree. I apologized for being rude because I was. I still have the same opinion. If you are participating in something that goes against your beliefs, you need to understand that everyone isn't willing to change just for you (and you shouldn't be upset about it). I'm not saying that that's what the cheer mom was doing now, but I did have the impression she was giving the coach a hard time in my first posts. So agree to disagree, it's ok. FYI being ignorant is not a bad thing. The way you use the word ignorant, makes me think you're ignorant about what ignorant means. Feel free to educate me. I'm always open to learning.

The ignorance I saw was your apparent ignorance to different kinds of people. I guess the other way I thought was you being ignorant to your own disrespect. I see that you've apologized and I respect that, but it doesn't take away from the fact that you made your character rather clear in this. One person's difference in opinion/beliefs should not affect how a whole team is run, I agree with you there, but when I commented I did not know that you were not aware the mother was not (as far as I can tell) trying to push this belief on others, or make the team as a whole change shoes because of her beliefs.

The ignorance I saw was your apparent ignorance to different kinds of people. I guess the other way I thought was you being ignorant to your own disrespect. I see that you've apologized and I respect that, but it doesn't take away from the fact that you made your character rather clear in this. One person's difference in opinion/beliefs should not affect how a whole team is run, I agree with you there, but when I commented I did not know that you were not aware the mother was not (as far as I can tell) trying to push this belief on others, or make the team as a whole change shoes because of her beliefs.

I didn't think the mother was trying to change the team's shoes as a whole. I did think she was being a bother, but as I got more info about the situation, I now understand she wasn't. I stated I was rude from the get go and apologized. If you think this thread clearly decribes my character, I can't make you think differently. I'm tired of arguing. Have a good night.

Lol at the discussions. It wasn't a big deal that she asked me, here in the uk there are few cheer educated people and the parents don't have a first clue on anything. They all ask me where to get stuff. Most of our girls wear kaepa stellarlyte and I had a look on the label but it didn't say anything about what they were made of hence why I asked here.

Does someone know for sure the nfinity doesn't have leather? If so I'll have to tell her she will have to get some imported if her daughter wants to continue to cheer.

Thanks guys, I can always rely on you to provide entertainment whilst answering questions ;)
Isn't there an nfinity rep on here you could ask? I would tag him but I'm not sure how to spell his user name

After reading this thread and finding out she was from the UK it made me think of a joke I heard earlier tonight

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bilingual

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Trilingual

What do you call someone who speaks one language?

If you know the answer please realize it is a joke and that I live in Atlanta, GA. Also realize that with the Internet you maybe speaking/chatting with someone in a different country with different beliefs etc and be respectful of that when commenting on things.

On another note - the meat in Europe in general is FANTASTIC!!!! Chicken that taste like steak and steak that just melts in your mouth.

Carry on :)

After reading this thread and finding out she was from the UK it made me think of a joke I heard earlier tonight

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bilingual

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Trilingual

What do you call someone who speaks one language?

If you know the answer please realize it is a joke and that I live in Atlanta, GA. Also realize that with the Internet you maybe speaking/chatting with someone in a different country with different beliefs etc and be respectful of that when commenting on things.

On another note - the meat in Europe in general is FANTASTIC!!!! Chicken that taste like steak and steak that just melts in your mouth.

Carry on :)

Unilingual? I don't get it lol

^ I've heard that joke before and I still don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm from Southern California and there's a lot of diversity in my town but most people where I live speak English and a combination of Spanish or a combination of some Asian language (Japanese, Chinese, Mandarin).

Because how many times do we hear people say "You're in America, speak English." or "You come to our country, learn our language."

My dad is from England. Over there, as young as elementary school aged kids are learning a foreign language. Most states over here don't start that until AT LEAST 8 or 9th grade. And you take a year or two. It's been proven that it's easier to learn a different language at a younger age--and we refuse to accept that and make it part of the curriculum.

^ That's not true for every school though. I once went to a public elementary school that started teaching a foreign language when i was in 1st grade. I also think it can vary by private school too. That's the thing about America though, it varies so much even from state to state or just city to city. What you said doesn't apply to everyone.

Yes, the answer was American. Again it was a joke and meant more as a reminder that not everyone on the boards are from the U.S..

I was born in the states and actually speak 3 languages. However, it does very much very by state, town and educational system. Private schools typically do better at teaching multiple languages but I have known of some public schools that have language programs.

But alas we've hijacked this thread enough, back to vegan shoes.

I have to say a true vegan shoe would be hard to determine since all aspects would have to be made of synthetic materials. Some vegans will even take it as far as materials not tested on animals. Which brings me to my next question, what is rubber glue and the glues used in the shoes made of?

Back