All-Star Weird/random Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Broke my foot doing a toe touch in the school musical... toe touches are dangerous.

My friend was ding two backwalkovers and on her second backwalkover she accidently jumped and she fractured her arm. The fire department came and they took her into the ambulence. :oops:

-dislocated patella (knee cap), paritally tore mcl, fractured growth plate in knee. from tumbling into a wall on tumbl track.
(then rehurt it dancing lol) wth...

-sprained my ankle walking on a spriing floor . WALKING -.-

lol, I guess you could put this in this category:
I was flying at a basketball game last season, and something random happened with my base. We've done a post seriously a million times. But this time, I flipped backwards off of her, and slammed my lower head and neck on the gym floor. It was so fast nobody could catch me. The medics came and I was so confused. The ambulance ride was loud to me I guess and I hardly remember anything from it....

My friend and I were just messing around at the gym and decided to throw a partner standing tuck. Which was really stupid because I'm atleast 5 inches taller than her, but luckily...WE GOT IT ON VIDEO. So y'all can laugh at our pain:)

We were not hurt in anyway, other than our pride. But I was picking carpet fibers out of my braces for a good 15 minutes.

:eek:Gotta hurt

One day I was doing whips on my tramp and I went so far back on the second one that my foot hit the metal bar that held the net up and completely tore down the net. I wasn't hurt except for a cut on my shin and a little freaked out, because I still finished the flip and almost rebounded over my neighbors fence....that was the end of whips...

I was also doing cartwheel tucks one day and over-rotated into a back handspring, but my hands weren't ready so I back handspringed onto my head and neck....in grass.

Not cheer related...this one is actually old lady related. I never wear anything but sneakers due to my job, etc. The other night my husband planned a real date for us, so I decided to wear a pair of heels and dress up. Just wearing heels when I wasn't used to them caused me to pull a muscle in my back!!! Who knew?! Now I can hardly move! How crazy.

I was at tumbling class. I was doing a round off back handspring down a tumble track with a spot on the bhs. I kicked him in the eye. The next time I over springed and fell backwards over the track and mats

this is nothing cheer related but my dislocated my knee just by crossing my legs on the couch and i also broke my wrist when i did a backhandspring stepout and my coach twisted me into the roundoff and i slid and broke my growth plate.. i was trying to do a backhandspring stepout round off

This thread is two years old but I just came across it and I have to say I might be up there with some of the weirdest injuries. Once I did a single toe touch and came down weird and tore my MCL. Still bothers me to this day.
Another time I simply walked to my spot for pyramid and fractured my ankle. And the one that takes the cake, I was in warm ups and got a little too excited throwing a basket and jumped so far off of the ground that I came back down and dislocated three of my toes and my ankle. Still competed :D

Can we bring this back? I severely sprained my ankle doing a standing tuck on a wedge, bc I landed with one foot on it and the other foot on the ground. Still bugs me (and by bugs I mean excruciating pain every time I land on it :oops: )
When I broke my arms my doctor told me it was a super rare way for them to break and he'd studied them but never actually had a patient with one... Much less two! And to think I was doing a skill id been doing fine, then just stopped rotating mid tuck and came down on my arms. :oops:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I got a minor concussion from walking into a door at school. And fractured my wrist and broke my foot and I still don't know how either of those injuries happened

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back