What Do You Do To Prepare For A Competition???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2011
Like what dose your team do (besides practice lol) or just by yourself any special things that you do to get ready for an upcoming comp?

i don't know if it's just me but i have to shave my legs with a new razor.. lol as for the team we say this pray right before we go on

- i eat the same thing for breakfast
- i eat a banana before i compete
- i wear lucky underwear
- i listen to cheer music on my ipod but i cant listen to my own
- i do my makeup a certain way
- && i basically just have to do the same thing every comp and if something went wrong change it up until everything is perfect and we hit a good routine
smile.png

When I cheered, I HAD to have a plain bagel, toasted, with plain cream cheese. No questions asked. My mom once had to drive around for an hour or so just so we could find somewhere to get one at an out of town competition. We'd do all we could to get it. And then after that, I couldn't eat until after I competed. Not that I didn't want to, but my body just wouldn't let me. Even if we competed at 9 at night, I wouldn't eat.

Also, I had lucky undies; a pair for day one and a pair for day two (on one day comps, I wore the day two ones.

I always have a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter in the morning, and wear a brand new pair of socks!

A new pair of socks is essential ;-)

I cant talk to anyone before I go on the mat. Every single time I compete, the 2 minutes before I go on a ask myself 'Why the hell do I do cheer I hate this', the 2 minutes after leaving the mat I ask myself 'How am I ever going to stop doing this?!'

in senior we've got our own little things that we do before we go on called high a million and we all sing if your happy and you know but with different lyrics (cheer related) :) for me i have to tumble once WITH a spotter in warm-up even though i dont need one.

I'm ridiculously superstitious when it comes to comps...

I can only eat half of something for breakfast. It doesn't matter what it is or how hungry I am, it can only be half of it. Then no more eating until after we compete. Gatorade before you go into warm ups is always a plus but not required...

When I'm in warm ups I have to re-tie my shoes at least 8 times.. I had a shoe come halfway off in the middle of a stunt one year and I don't want that to happen again lol. Plus I have this strange phobea that I can't tumble if my shoes are loose. Listening to cheer mixes are also a must :)

Back