What Do You Do To Prepare For A Competition???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i personally HAVE to call my mom before i go back to warmups if she's not at a competition...or if she is i have to go talk to her and tell her i'm going on...i'm on an international open team so i'm older but i've been doing that since i was young haha...i HAVE to run out onto the floor holding hands with the same person i always do, then i have to bounce up and down and wipe my palms on my skirt...lol....my team before we go on just kinda have a pep talk and joke around to lighten the mood!

Before i Competition.
- I only listen to cheer music.
- I read my horoscope.
- The day before i Check Fierceboard.
- I watch a good Routine i have hit before...Over..And..Over.
- I have a necklace i always take off in Pre warm up. :)
When I get to the Competition,
- I always say Goodluck to the team i'm going against.
:)
And Before we go on, We have a intense talk, Joke around, Pray, And everyone hugs everyone, and usually we make promises. idk its cute. :)

Each team sits in a circle and removes one shoe.
Reach by Gloria Estefan is played.
The coach sprinkles purple, black and silver pixie dust in each cheerleaders shoe.
The coach then sprinkles pixie dust on the flyers head.
Shoes are put back on and then at the end of the song feet are stomped.

I have underwear that I ALWAYS wear on competition day, and then for two day competitions I have the same underwear in another color. I love listening to cheer music non-stop on my ipod before I compete. A lot of the time my team (and other teams from my gym) lay down in a circle with our eyes closed and we listen to our music, each person visualizes the routine and what they have to do, it always seems to work :)

I'm normally so excited I have to be peeled from the ceiling, so I take myself aside and try and calm myself and not think about what's coming up ! Oh, and I agree with the listening to cheer music - but never my team's !!

Reading all this has got me SO nervous but excited for competition now! I get SO nervous and i am usually just like - i can't do this, OH NO! what comes after this bit, wait thats it.. AGH! then i hit the matt and im like - pffft ive got this :p x

oh boy lots of things.. i'm insanely superstitious:

- same pajamas are worn the night before (every season my friend & i wear a different pair until our team hits perfect for the 1st time then the pair we wore that night are the ones we wear before every comp. we continue to hit & we swear by it!)
- lucky underwear & bra have to be worn
- 1 brand new black hair tie when we do 1/2 up 1/2 down, 2 if we do high pony tails
- makeup has to be done the same way with the same brand of makeup
- the sleeves of my uniform have to be folded under a little because i get so paranoid since they're a tiny bit too long that i'll like slip on them tumbling if they touch my palms
- while waiting clean in the opening for music i pray/talk to myself (not really talk just like let's go or hit this)
- 1 girl on 1 of my teams & i always have to point to each other & smile from across the mat
- my socks can't be just plain white they have to appear white around the top where you can see just above my shoes but really they have some sort of design on the rest of it you can't see
- i can only have a toasted bagel with cream cheese & oj nothing more or less until i compete -i refuse
- have to listen to my competition pump up playlist on my ipod & cheer music (except my own)
- i'm a crossover so if i hit with my 1st team i leave my laces as they are if we don't hit i re-tie them tighter before my 2nd team competes
- my poof must look fierce at all times..
- i warm up the same way (tumbling, jumps, etc.) but never warm up tumbling/jumps for my lower level team i cross over to
- i have a handshake with someone on each of my teams & it MUST be done
- i have to wipe my hands on the ground or mat before we go on (picks up dirt soo there's no chance of sweaty hands slipping)
- & most importantly "magic dust" from 1 of our coaches has to be given out to everyone before we compete & we put it everywhere

hopefully no one thinks i'm completely insane.. but these things never fail on me :)

affirmations. this year my team started doing these things called affirmations-which are you goals put into a positive reassuring statement basically. we have a team one, individual ones, and stunt group ones and we say them to ourself before every full out and every time we compete. they are really helpful because they really get you in a good mental state and prepare you to go out on the floor and put your heart on the mat everytime

I make sure my cp's hairbow is on right, shoes tied tight, and if she is tired give her some caffeine lol! She competes on 3 teams so she gets a little tired at 2 day comps! :)

Oh and the coaches play miley Cyrus' hoe down and the team dances or sometime teach me how to dougie! Love our coaches!

I don't really start getting into the zone for a competition until we're waiting to warmup. I feel like if I were to tighten up and focus too early, I'll completely lose it. Hahah I don't know why, but right before we warmup is when I kind of get into the zone and really buckle down and focus on what I need to do. Right before we get on, our team does a chant saying gotta, gotta, gotta hit, can't drop, won't drop and we'll repeat it several times, getting louder each time to pump us up. Then two of my friends and I huddle together and pray.

My team counts down each day,
Were going to Virgina Beach on April 9th so everyday we count down the days,
I LOVE my team and were going to do AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FURY WHOO RAH!!!

Back