All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Next up on the USASF agenda, only 1 gym per city/town. Good thing the gyms in Dallas and Atlanta are usually in a suburb so they are different "towns".

I think it is great if CEA can continue to grow while keeping the product the same across the board. I don't see CAC losing many athletes since the gyms are very different.

I will say now that Charlotte will be the capitol of amazing pyramids and stunts because CAC and CEA both are amazing stunters.

Not the same road, but very close. Probably less than two miles apart.

I'm fine with them coming. Like the person above said, its a free country. You don't have to go there just because they move close by. If CAC is worried about keeping the talent there then we better do what's needed to do so.

The local rumor mill is already buzzing because of the fake FB, recruiting scandal so far. I'm just tellin' it as I hear it.
I bet it is! Business or not, it's got to be unsettling for CAC. I'm not one who likes these "cheer monopolies"..."We have 96 teams" (especially when they say that about going to Worlds). Not really, in my eyes, when you've just bought out the region, it proves nothing. I happen to like a really good exclusive type store, better then a Walmart. But, to each their own. It's just business.

Next up on the USASF agenda, only 1 gym per city/town. Good thing the gyms in Dallas and Atlanta are usually in a suburb so they are different "towns".

I think it is great if CEA can continue to grow while keeping the product the same across the board. I don't see CAC losing many athletes since the gyms are very different.

I will say now that Charlotte will be the capitol of amazing pyramids and stunts because CAC and CEA both are amazing stunters.
And the highlighted is what I'm worried about. I really don't believe they can, nor anyone else. I guess we will see, but I think all the "chains" around the world become all the same, predictable, and lack the initiative of what made them think they could do it in the first place.

I guess I have a place in my heart for home grown gyms and not for the chain moving in next door. They may prevail, maybe not. But I think it's a shame to see cheer become such business. Not about the kids, or sport...just how much money you can make. If you were worried about the sport, you'd open a gym where one is needed. IMO, of course...

you also do realize that there are more gyms in Charlotte then just CAC and they have stayed open...
Yep. Charlotte is a fairly large city with a lot of outlying communities. Traffic can get nasty in the afternoon, which can make location a pretty large factor, especially for younger athletes whose parents work full time, etc. Actually, I've considered it a blessing to live in a city with so many great choices. There are good, respectable programs in the area for sure! I guess it just depends on where you live and what you're looking for. I for one am glad that there IS competition in the area. I think competition is healthy in the marketplace because it keeps the businesses working for the consumer. If you're the only choice, you don't have to work as hard to produce a quality product. It's just a simple concept, really. Charlotte has great cheerleading! I'm so glad I live here! :D

Yep. Charlotte is a fairly large city with a lot of outlying communities. Traffic can get nasty in the afternoon, which can make location a pretty large factor, especially for younger athletes whose parents work full time, etc. Actually, I've considered it a blessing to live in a city with so many great choices. There are good, respectable programs in the area for sure! I guess it just depends on where you live and what you're looking for. I for one am glad that there IS competition in the area. I think competition is healthy in the marketplace because it keeps the businesses working for the consumer. If you're the only choice, you don't have to work as hard to produce a quality product. It's just a simple concept, really. Charlotte has great cheerleading! I'm so glad I live here! :D
Are you in Charlotte? You're location on your avatar says South Carolina.

Who? Feeder gyms to CAC? So who will they feed to now? (Speaking about level 5 now)
Our gym is a Charlotte area gym that went from 5 teams year one, to 7 year two, to 10 this year (including a lv 5 headed to worlds this year). Im not thinking that kind of growth is feeding anyone but ourselves.

Our gym is a Charlotte area gym that went from 5 teams year one, to 7 year two, to 10 this year (including a lv 5 headed to worlds this year). Im not thinking that kind of growth is feeding anyone but ourselves.
That's good to hear! I'm not familiar with how the Charlotte area works, only mine....and it wasn't the same.

That's good to hear! I'm not familiar with how the Charlotte area works, only mine....and it wasn't the same.
Charlotte and the commuting area has multiple options depending what level of cheer you're looking for. I just see CEA as yet another option, it's surely not the only one. I'm sure the athletes will shuffle around a bit, but no more than happens in a regular summer switch anyway. CAS has been here and is the first and largest program but there are multiple others to choose from in this area those new programs (including ours) haven't negatively impacted them. They'll be fine.

Back