All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not speaking to this particular issue, but just starting a gym where other gyms already exist:

It can be harder to open a gym where none exists because you would also have to do the hard work of getting everyone to understand what all star cheerleading is and how much it can mean to people. That's why it's probably easier to open a gym anywhere in the south than in Detroit or Chicago or Cleveland or any other big, northern city. It's not part of their culture.

Now if someone COULD get it started in a huge metro area, they would do well.

I guess I have a place in my heart for home grown gyms and not for the chain moving in next door. They may prevail, maybe not. But I think it's a shame to see cheer become such business. Not about the kids, or sport...just how much money you can make. If you were worried about the sport, you'd open a gym where one is needed. IMO, of course...

Do you buy your gas where it's 4.25 at the hometown station or the chain where it's 3.89?
Just seeing how far your heart goes in terms of other industry.

Do you buy your gas where it's 4.25 at the hometown station or the chain where it's 3.89?
Just seeing how far your heart goes in terms of other industry.
If the gas is better quality, I pay the 4.25.
People will move, because of the name....it doesn't mean the original product is still there.
Just one more thing...with cheer, by the time you realize it's not worth it, your stuck for a season, and out thousands of dollars. Gas? I just fill my tank somewhere else after a few days and might have lost a few dollars. The same? I think not.

That is the key question. I think you may be surprised at the staff. If I'm correct in what I hear the product will be just fine.
I'm happy to hear this! I have the utmost respect for CEA, but I just find it difficult to think it can be spread around without the same type of people who created it. I wish them the best of luck in all their endeavors!

Cheer is so much more then just skill and talent to me. It takes so much more from the heart.

I guess I have a place in my heart for home grown gyms and not for the chain moving in next door. They may prevail, maybe not. But I think it's a shame to see cheer become such business. Not about the kids, or sport...just how much money you can make. If you were worried about the sport, you'd open a gym where one is needed. IMO, of course...
People will move, because of the name....it doesn't mean the original product is still there.

I don't think this is a really fair statement regarding this new gym and/or her motivations
If you read part of Courtney's response, she discusses how many athletes specifically from Charlotte travel to Kernersville and how I believe I think it's also meant to help those athletes.

We feel the conditions for this facility are very similar to our genesis in Raleigh with one exception. When CEA Raleigh began there were 12 (919) extension athletes making the commute. There are currently 73 athletes cheering in Kernersville with a 704 extension.

I'm happy to hear this! I have the utmost respect for CEA, but I just find it difficult to think it can be spread around without the same type of people who created it. I wish them the best of luck in all their endeavors!

I think she understands the importance of the Charlotte, Triad and Triangle markets very well for the Piedmont and CEA's future. I think the staffs will be first rate in all 3.

I don't think this is a really fair statement regarding this new gym and/or her motivations
If you read part of Courtney's response, she discusses how many athletes specifically from Charlotte travel to Kernersville and how I believe I think it's also meant to help those athletes.
We shall see...

I agree with the person who said there are more gyms in Charlotte then just Charlotte All Stars! There are plenty of surrounding gyms that have stayed open and done very well. CEA coming to Charlotte is not going to cause a catastrophe!!!! :p

Personally I think CAC will be just fine. Cheer Extreme is an amazing program but not all 8 locations or however many are producing world champion level 5 teams, so I dont think that all of Charlotte Teal will come sprinting to CEA tryouts. And lets be honest, some of the smaller CEA locations are no stronger then the local gyms in their area. It also seems that there are a very good number of athletes that make the 2 hour drive to Kernersville so this will be perfect for them. Charlotte is a great program with a great history, they may lose a few non-loyal gym hoppers, but all in all I think they will be just fine.

Lets be real for a second..

1. CEA moving to Charlotte will impact CAC. Courtney has already stated that they currently have over 70 kids in her program with a 704 (Charlotte) area code. That number will increase.

2. The impact will not be in numbers, but in quality. i.e Level 4's and 5's.

3. You would extremely surprised how many former CAC kids that made up/make up Sr. Elite's and Coed Elite's team this and the last few years.

4. CAC and CEA are two totally different programs...one works for some, one works for the other

5. The other programs in the Charlotte area (outside of Aviator) are lower level programs that become feeder programs for CAC. They don't compare.

6. As far as the rumor mill and fake facebook account, if anyone believes that was done by CEA or they are recruiting kids... NOT!!!!

I agree.. I do not like how the gym expansion thing is going. I loved going to competitions and seeing all types of teams. Now its just a huge conglomerate of "large" gyms. I loved how when you went to Dallas, you saw SOT and Cheer Athletics, then east coast had Twisters and World Cup. Now with all the expansions, you just attend competitions with the same teams. Although I love the free market system, I wish there was a way for more small gyms to thrive.

Back