All-Star What Does Your Gym/team Do To Kickoff The Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we are having a party!! its a potluck dinner and open gym! we also get to find out who our twister sister is! (by the way a twister sister is when one of the girls from an older team gets paired up with another girl from the younger team and we leave presents and write messages for one anther!) i love it and its so much fun! the next week after the party we have a showcase!!! cant wait for the competition season for 2011-2012! :D
wow. I'm jelly. that sounds like fun :) kinda like secret santa :cheering:

We have a showcase at our gym or something (haven't heard that much yet) and then we perform at the youth league exhibition before our first competition in december

We have a showcase- every team performs a couple times, then us coaches put on a silly routine and every coach says something about each team to get them psyched.

On my time, we do secret psychers. Basically everyone writes there own name on a slip of paper, along with their favorite sandwich or lunch (could be salad), favorite drink, favorite junk food, and then tons of candy. Then all the slips of paper are put into a hat, and every girl picks a slip. Each girl has to make a lunch for the girl that was on the slip of paper they picked, with all of the foods they wrote. I usually have them do this for after a practice, and they all sit around and together, but we've also had local comps where we have competed in the morning, and can eat the lunches after. While it doesn't give a great example of what the girls should be eating, it's one meal, and is really fun. I never let them eat it when it could affect their performance, but it is a really great thing for them to organize and it's something great that they do for each other. And coaches can get involved too!

Back