All-Star What Food Do You Want At Choreography Camp?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Babs

Cheer Parent
Jan 29, 2011
Choreography camps are starting up and a bunch of us team moms will need to be planning lunches, snacks, and drinks to keep the athletes going. Tell us what you want us to have there for you ... 5 foot long sub sandwiches, boxed lunches, pizza, oranges, granola bars???? Describe your favorites!

Make sure it's something that offers protein can carbohydrates without too much fat and grease to keep them going all day. Fruit and veggies and cheese are good too. And make sure to have water and Gatorade or Powerade... And lots of it! Steer clear of anything with too much sugar or else they'll crash!

Best Meals Premade:
-Subway Boxed Lunches (6-inch sandwhich, chips, and a cookie) I would ask to replace the cookie with Apples or yogurt!
-Chickfila Lunches (Chicken Sandwhich/Nuggets, Chips, and a Brownie)I would ask to replace the Brownie with a fruit cup!

Good side dishes or snacks:
-Fruit (Bananas, Oranges, Grapes, Apples)
-Granola Bars (Quaker has the best!)
-Protein Bars
-Pretzels
-Peanut Butter Crackers
-Veggie Tray
-Trail Mix
-Chex Mix

Good Drinks:
-Water (you can buy little flavor packets too! like Crystal Light)
-Gatorade/Powerade
-Diet or Normal Soda (Limit these though!)

Worst:
-Pizza (makes you tired)
-Desserts (spike you into a sugar high and then make you crash)
-Sweet Tea!!!

Watermelon is sooooo good after a long summer practice! Just be sure to eat it outside or over the linoleum as it's messy! Oranges or clementines are also great. Stick to water and the occasional gatorade/powerade for drinks.

I always bring,
-TONS of water
-Watermelon
-Grapes
-Cheerioes
-One of the pre-made cuban sandwiches from publix
and usually after an 8 hour choreo., I treat my self to some wings from wing house on the way home ;)

High protein stuff with not a lot of sugar. I was super disappointed when our camp had nothing but junk and sweets and fruit for our girls. The highest protein item was Cheetos. :(. Mostly it was cookies and chips.

High protein stuff with not a lot of sugar. I was super disappointed when our camp had nothing but junk and sweets and fruit for our girls. The highest protein item was Cheetos. :(. Mostly it was cookies and chips.

So do you have suggestions? It's gotta be easy to keep fresh, easy to disseminate, reasonable price for large group, and they have to want it otherwise it will just sit there and be wasted.

Man, I wish our gym did this. We have 4 hours of choreo (from 10-1) and then we all have to walk to Chik-fil-A, Bojangles, or Lowes foods for lunch. (We're a yougn senior team, most of us don't drive yet.)

We're done right at lunch, we should all have lunch together somewhere as a team. :[

I bring trail mix (peanuts, pretzels, raisins and M&Ms.) I love granola bars and bananas, I always eat this before I compete and its great for camp!

I would not do Subs. Kids are so picky about what they put on them, that you're going to have a lot of kids who might pick half the stuff off. I would go with a Chick-Fil-A nugget tray, a fruit tray, a veggie tray, some string cheeses, and something to munch on like pretzels or goldfish. Maybe get a treat for them (like brownies or cupcakes) for after choreo, but not on a break.

Our team loves Jimmy Johns! Our coaches did it so there was no mayo/mustard on any of the sandwiches so then they had individual packs of sauces so you could add them yourself. This way if you're like me and hate mayo you can still have a yummy sandwich:)