All-Star What Food Do You Want At Choreography Camp?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We don't usually get food brought in.

However when i was helping coach a clinic for a high school team over the winter the moms from the team made us an amazing lunch.

- Make your own sandwich (buns, meat, condiments)
- Turkey taco salad
- Juice
- Fruit
- Muffins
I think there was more but I can't remember everything.

It was delicious and healthy the girls were ready to work again after lunch it was really great :)

When I helped out at a high school camp they had make your own sandwich/wrap (with turkey, chicken and real roast beef), granola bars, watermelon and fruit trays, veggies and dip
It was super healthy and gave the kids so much energy without being weighed down.
The moms just hit up a Costco and they said it was really cheap

Stay away from turkey on your sandwhiches! Turkey makes you tired. My high school wrestling team aren't allowed to eat it during the season.. ever wonder why you need a nice nap after Thanksgiving dinner? :)

I have a peanut and dairy allergy and nobody ever considers it... I hate having to pack my own lunch. Chick fil a has grilled nuggets now, and they'll do a grilled nugget tray which is actually a little healther than the fried nuggets!
That was why I mentioned it. I know it sucks to be the kid(s) left out, because adults didn't think things all the way thru. I am a strong believer in either having an option for everyone or having everyone bring their own lunch.

I have a peanut and dairy allergy and nobody ever considers it... I hate having to pack my own lunch. Chick fil a has grilled nuggets now, and they'll do a grilled nugget tray which is actually a little healther than the fried nuggets!

FYI, most chick fil a's have moved away from using peanut oil.

Wow, I hadn't heard that! I knew they were using other oil for the fries, but not the chicken. I'll have to check and see if any of them in our area have switched oil for the chicken.

Wow, I hadn't heard that! I knew they were using other oil for the fries, but not the chicken. I'll have to check and see if any of them in our area have switched oil for the chicken.
Its just the oil for the fries, not the chicken! They use the peanut oil for chicken because it makes it have a certain chick-fil-a flavor. IMO i would be so happy if they switched for chicken! but it probably wont happen

Its just the oil for the fries, not the chicken! They use the peanut oil for chicken because it makes it have a certain chick-fil-a flavor. IMO i would be so happy if they switched for chicken! but it probably wont happen
Thanks, that's what I thought, but then I wondered if maybe people knew something I didn't. :rolleyes:

Thanks, that's what I thought, but then I wondered if maybe people knew something I didn't. :rolleyes:
Yeah... i wish they would! Chickfila is my favorite food place! Im so jealous of the kids i know that arent allergic to peanut oil that can eat their fried chicken...:(

Here in Indy, the manager told me it was all oil. CP has a peanut allergy so I did a happy dance! Hmm...wonder if he was mistaken.

Here in Indy, the manager told me it was all oil. CP has a peanut allergy so I did a happy dance! Hmm...wonder if he was mistaken.
Maybe your location is a franchise that goes against company policy and cooks the chicken in some other oil - it would be worth double checking.

Also, not all people who are allergic to peanut react to refined peanut oil because almost all of the protein is removed in the refining process - I'm just sensitive enough that I do. :( <sigh> Guess I'll never know the joy of chick fil a.