All-Star What Has Cheerleading Taught You?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've learned so much from cheer. Just from having practices all the time, I have learned time management. I have learned to budget my time to get my school work done before I go to head out for practice. Also getting a head start on long term projects or studying for tests because I know i'll be having practices or competitions coming up. I've also learned how to be a leader when I was on a junior team other years. I was one of the oldest on a junior team where I had 9 year olds competing with me that were just as good as me! I was like a big sister to them, I had to show them the way and always keep their spirit up. From being on a senior level 5 team last year and this year too, I have learned that the younger girls in my gym look up to me as a role model. I've learned that what I say and do can effect the way they might go about situations. Also, it could effect the way that they look at the cheerleading world. If we come into the gym wearing the wrong practice uniform or with come in looking like a mess, they might think that its ok for them to come looking like a mess also. Being on an all-girl team is great because I get to listen to all the gossip or boy issues that everyone has. It's showed me that my closest friends are on my team and I can trust them. From cheerleading i've also learned that all-star is a lifestyle, my coach can not say this enough to my team! All-star cheer is not just and after school activity or a sport. We all signed up for a way of life. We all live for the competitions, practices, team bonding sessions, the laughs and the tears. Ever since i've joined all-star cheerleading, I have never wanted to stop. It's apart of my day to day life. It's not just like any other sport that is in just the fall, winter or spring. This sport is all year long! It takes commitment to show up to all the regular practices and the practices that may be fill in's here and there. I know that my coach's expect the most effort from me. In this sport, you just gotta keep your head up. Always keep trying and go after your goal.

Cheer has taught me to always try my hardest, also it has taught me how to manage my time well so I can finish hw before practice! I also have learned how to be a leader because I was the most experienced on our j1 team last year. Also I'm on a senior two team this year so being with the older girls has taught me how to be more mature than I am right now.

cheerleading has taught me confidence and determanation. Every time we step off, i feel exhilirated, so happy.It has taught me you cant always win, you give your 110% and leave it on the mat. It is not one persons fault, it is the teams fault.

Back