All-Star What If...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well let me start by saying that the team I am about to speak of my daughter is not on. So I have no "dog in the fight" as some might say.
This is not a true statement. Last weekend the S5 team at my daughters gym went to Indy and due to a calculation error were placed 7th rather than 5th. So, teams under them got at large and paid bids. The parents and coaches have been nothing but a class act in their reaction. They are even thankful that Jamfest at least tried to petiton the USASF for another bid . They were not given the bid. The last time I looked Jamfest had changed the score on their website but did not change ranking. They did offer to pay for them to go to another comp that are awarding bids, but there is no guarntee they will get one. The previous trip to Indy also had a questionable result but I do not know the ends and out of it well enough to speak of. It was a little more subjective than a calculation error though. I applaud this group for trying to take the hight road. I'm afraid they would have to duct tape my mouth though.

My post was very general in nature!! Maybe I should have been more specific! I wasn't accounting for Judging errors or other things out of the ordinary that might be exclusive!!

I know for some gyms it's just simple math- If you're in any of the small divisions and you don't get a paid/partial paid, the chances of you making through to finals are slim to none unless you just so happen to have had an unfortunate turn of events (just got edged out for paids at all your bid comps) and now you've rocked your amazing routine every time. That's a LOT of money to be spent on a chance, and if you have high expectations it might not be worth it. It's one thing if you're from close by, but up north/out west is a flight out. Not cheap.

I just wonder if some of these "we only go on full paid" gyms would stick to their guns and not send their superstar teams if they didn't get paid. I know WC didn't send Cosmic Rays a few years back, but what do you think would happen if Stars never got paid? Do you still think they wouldn't go?

Or how about TG IOC5? They are defending World Champs and aren't paid yet and they only go on full paids. And a lot of competitions do not offer full paids to international teams.

(These are just hypothetical. I fully expect both of these teams to get paid, still plenty of time. Don't jump down my throat)

Yeah very true about TG Io5! Its MOST LIKELY never gonna happen that these teams wouldnt get a bid...but I guess they could always boycott??

Wut iz worlds?

my friend and i were discussing this after stars only recieved an at large bid over the weekend. it'd be so interesting to see who would actually win then. it'd be less predictable unlike now

they are not a top team anymore if they bomb every competition every season, there would be no point for them to go to worlds, because they would bomb and get last again.

I always wonder what would happen if such a big named team dropped alot of stunts on prelims and didnt make it in to finals, technically the people sunday wouldnt be competing against the best teams in the world, just because a team has one bad performance doesnt mean they arent world champion worthy.

Shooting Stars only have an At-Large Bid to Worlds so far, :( what happens if they don't go ! I would be heart broken :'(

Shooting Stars only have an At-Large Bid to Worlds so far, :( what happens if they don't go ! I would be heart broken :'(
They gave up their At Large bid. But they have 2 more chances, and I'm sure they'll get it somewhere!

Back