All-Star What Made You Start Allstar Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2014
Curious how everyone found out about and got into this sport. Where I live i'm the only allstar cheerleader at the high school this year, but before that I had a world champion at my school. Her little brother and my little brother used to be friends so I knew of her. Hearing about it made me lookup California Allstars and long story short California Allstars Lady Bullets Worlds 2012 was the reason I am a cheerleader today. They were the first allstar video I had ever seen and it amazed me. I've been obsessed ever since.
P.S. She was on Black Ops, not LB :p
Whats your story?

My Aunt has been a cheerleading coach for rec & high school teams since before I was born. When I was 6 she decided to open an all star gym with a former cheerleader of hers and I was on that first team. I cheered for them until I graduated high school last year!

Our first exposure was watching Worlds in 2010 and cp (who was almost four at the time) fell in love with the sport. A year later she joined an AYC team which had tumble practices at the local all star gym. During our second year with AYC, she decided that she wanted to extend her season with a prep team. After tryouts, she got put on the full year team. After two seasons of doing both teams, she made the switch to AS exclusively since she loves competing.

Our first exposure to AS cheerleading is when my daughter was going to a gymnastic gym and an AS cheerleading squad used to practice out of that gym and to be honest, we still did not know much about the sport, primarily, out of ignorance on my part! It was only 5 years later, when my daughter lost interest in gymnastics and by chance, she had a flyer in her bag for that gym's tryout that we were exposed to the sport.

a girl from me school that i followed on instagram always posted action shots and pictures of her in her uniform etc. so i looked up the gym and they were having tryouts the next week. i went and since then i've been in love with allstar cheer and dance.

Back in my day (yes, I'm old), AS didn't exist. You either cheers in school or you didn't cheer. I always had to quit cheer cos I graduated (HS, Uni, etc.) Then an AS program got started and I still wanted to compete, so I joined up. I'd been out for a couple of years after HS, but when you're joining a beginning club, it's pretty easy to make a team. I still love it and am still cheering

I did rec cheer since i was 6, and for two years i got to be on a rec competitive team, and i remember at one of the competitions i saw South Elite (don't remember what level..) and i was so interested in it. Then my rec coach was saying how shes doing allstar at this new gym and so i joined in 8th grade! Always wishing I joined sooner...

I did competitive gymnastics until I was 14 and I just got burned out. My 8th grade year was my last year of gymnastics and I did tried out for my junior high's cheer team and made it. My freshman year, I didn't think I was going to make the team so I planned on trying out at my sister's old gym if I didn't make it. I ended up making the team but I wanted to tryout anyway so I did! I wish I had done cheerleading sooner because I only got four years cheering in the all-star world.

Well I found cheer! with CJA on the internet then watched worlds and thought that could never be me but that is awesome.
I went to university went out with canoe club and met the cheerleaders they were nice so decided to quit canoe and join cheer. Got sat on my first pratice and nearly knocked out but the danger got me hooked.

Found an allstar team at a regional my university was at and got to compete with them for nationals best choice ever!!
I now am looking for a allstar team nearer my uni because I love the intensity and I love competition

I wanted to do sidelines cheer because my friends did, and I looked up the hashtag cheer on Instagram and started looking stuff up on YouTube and fell in love!

I was doing school cheer in late middle school and other girls whom I previously had done school cheer with had just started all stars, which I had not really heard of before that. I'm going to date myself, but this was back when all stars was generally a separate DIVISION at a SCHOOL COMP.

Their AS team was at one of our school comps in the ADVANCED AS division (before there were levels) and I was sold. They had full squad tucks (back when that was kind of a big deal.) I knew I HAD to do it and I had my mom take me in for an eval. The rest is history.

Last edited:
I found this girl on Facebook who was a high school cheerleader, I went through her photos and saw a bunch pictures of her flying and it looked really fun. I searched cheer on the internet and found all star cheerleading and that is when I discovered Top Gun, Maryland Twisters and Cheer Athletics. I also discovered Gabi Butler and watched her stretching video and then from there I asked my mum to put me in cheer and ever since then I never not loved cheerleading!

My friend started cheering and was always talking about it and ended up taking me to a class. I asked my mom to sign me up for classes, did classes for a year, and then joined allstar the next year in 6th grade. Did 3 years of allstar, then 2 years of just school cheer, and then two more of allstar and school. The friend who introduced me to allstar doesn't cheer anymore.

Princess Hotmess was flipping channels one day and came across cheer on tv and was trying to do exactly what they were doing on tv. When they showed the pyramid Princess Hotmess points at the tv and told me she was going to do that one day and the rest is history, that was 4 years ago and she still loves every second of cheer.

Back