All-Star What Made You Start Allstar Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i saw a 2by2video of Erica in the 5th grade and decided I'm going to make myself learn the cool back thing she was doing (which as I later learned is what we all know to be a scorpion:p)
Fast forward a few years of trying to convince my parents and a year of high school cheer my sophomore year to ease them into the idea, and I am now entering my senior year and 3rd season of cheer (2nd season of allstars)

I never was into sports. At all.
Then my little sister started cheering and talked me into it. One practice and i fell in love and still am.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

CP and I coincidentally caught the Worlds footage on ESPN one Sunday morning - think it was in May. CP was amazed at how good all the teams were and became interested in trying it out. She has loved every practice so far, and is counting down the days to her first competition already :).

i did high school cheer and we went to USA nationals and i fell in love with the competition aspect. i didn't really like the cheering for games, more the athleticism of competitions. i looked up some videos online and the first one i watched was WCSS 2008, and after watching the video, i just knew i HAD to join a team

I did rec cheer for a while and I loved stunting and doing halftime routines but hated sideline cheerleading. I went to an open gym before HS tryouts and a girl from one of the other feeder schools told me about allstar cheerleading and the gym she went to. I fell in love with the idea of it and decided to do that instead of HS cheer. It changed my life!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I was at karate and one of the girls who I did it with was an all star cheerleader. Her car was painted for competition so i looked up the team and bam I was signed up less than a week later

Oldest cp had health issues for many years that wouldn't allow her to participate in sports, at age 14, she was cleared by her hematologist. She found out very quickly in HS you had to have experience in a sport to play a sport. A friend told her about AS and how her gym had a great Sr. lvl 1 team. She went, she watched, she fell in love.

my older sister joined a team after quitting gymnastics....so of course, like every other little sister in the world, i had to copy her and do what she did. Thankfully I ended up loving it, and we even ended up on the same team YEARS down the road during her senior season.

Back