All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Flyers that don't look fierce in the air. errrr. bent knees drive me crazy, as do crossed legs. My new "annoyance" is what I like to call the "teapot double down." Not something I see very often, but a flyer on our team does it. The elbows are completely out to the sides, and they look like a teapot spinning. I think the flyer on our team actually doubles down with her hands on her hips.

i was backing a girl in a basket the other day and she did a messy single instead of a double with her elbows out like this and she came around and elbowed me in the neck and gave me a bruise hahha. so then the base fell with her but caught her, everyone was fine, but i just looked at her and walked to my next spot. i didnt even bother helping the flyer up because i was so mad that she came around like that. hahaa

i cant stand people who just bail out of their stunts for no reason. just squeeze and youll be fine. your foot isnt moving.
when people double in an arched position.
stretches out to the side. please pull in front of you. its not pretty out to the side.
kicks in baskets where the bottom leg is bent
winding up for prep doubles- or any 2 legged double
the maine base turning the foot in

janky kick doubles. i understand not everyone is flexible, but i just dont like when the leg isnt kicked at exactly the right time, cuz i think that just ruins the whole thing. but its something that can be fixed, thank goodness.

Fake full ups where the bases walk a mile underneath.
Ankle stretches.
Feux bows (bow and arrows with the arm extended out behind the leg instead of in front of it)
bows where the flyer has to lean over to grab them
heel stretches pulled to the side

And I know I'm not one to talk because I am the least flexible person in the world. But if I flew you better believe I wouldn't be.

Also I think straight cradles from anything one legged is ugly. When I was level 3 we would always pull our 1 legged stunts, bump down, and go back up to extension full.
Nose dive double downs also scare the crap out of me. I've been on the back spotting end of those and it isn't pretty.

yyess i hate wen bases walk a mile under the flyer to have the look of a full up...just learn the technique its not that hard.....and the nose dive doubles or how bout wen the girls upper body goes for a double but her bottom half doesnt and it looks like helicopter gone wrong..lol

When flyers hold the front of there foot in a bow, I don't know why it just annoys me.
2zt93z5.jpg

I've seen quite a few do it. Usally they are really flexible too so I'm not sure why they hold it like that. It makes the arm look funny too me.

okz7de.png

I love this girl, but I don't like when people grab their bows by their ankles. haha. It looks awkward, and the way their arm makes like, a right angle is just weird.

Bam. lol I don't mind the ankle grab as long as its a fierce bow.

Oh and the video is private.

woah. i've got like a bucket list of them... but my major no no's are any stunt with a lib, even tick tocks, where the flyers has the foot out in front of her like its on a box and she's tying her shoe, and then kicks it, like the little toe flick thing. i know ya'll know what i'm talking about. i also absolutely hate when teams have flyers with horrid flexibility, in particularly play button scorpions, and they all pull it on their own count, and by the time they pull it, it's time to cradle. same goes for bows where they are practically sideways to hold it because they don't have the flexibility.
i also hate in cradles and baskets where the flyer lets herself out. it's hard to explain, but again, if you saw it you'd know what i mean.
ok, getting off my soapbox :)
most of the things that peeve me are things that could easily be fixed if properly trained/coached/taught. and i think that's the biggest reason they bother me.

Back