All-Star What Type Of Mom/dad Do You Like To See At Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like the "middle mom" who knows the sport but is just there to enjoy the cheer weekend and do what her child needs. The cheer mom who goes to the competition at 8 in the morning to get good seats for the level 5 teams that don't start until 5 at night. Who, mid-day, leaves her son to save the seats while she searches the convention center for an outlet that no one's using so she can curl her daughter's hair. Who literally takes notes on her child's divisions so that when she's asked how a team did she's ready to report. Who takes the alumni who are too old to cheer on a senior team to places like Jamfest Super Nationals and Battle at the Capitol and has a blast with them for the weekend like they're one of her kids. Who stays until the last team gets off the mat and then goes to dinner and doesn't get back to the hotel room until midnight, all the while knowing that she was going to have to do it all over again the next day. Who tells it like it is but is there to support her child no matter what. I love my cheer mom.

And I love cheer dads! ...well, for the most part.
I love the sound of this! I want her to be my cheer mom!!

Please keep in mind we're not in the 18+ section. . .but thanks.

Always an open invitation for parents to hang out and "discuss" cheer with favorite beverage/flask in hand. My backpack is always stocked with something. (Rumor has it @mstealtoyou is good for it too, but I don't want to speak for her)
Ahaha and what competitions do y'all go to!?! I wanna be there!

Please keep in mind we're not in the 18+ section. . .but thanks.

Always an open invitation for parents to hang out and "discuss" cheer with favorite beverage/flask in hand. My backpack is always stocked with something. (Rumor has it @mstealtoyou is good for it too, but I don't want to speak for her)

I team mom Youthies. LMAO But once my kids are safely back with their parents I have been known to have a little something something in my chik fil a cup. Just a small nip to take the edge off. LOL

Edited to add, Don't you dare judge me. We'll see how many nips y'all are taking when your starting year 12. LMAO........Where's that cheer parents things with the years on it. SO true so true.

Aww really!?! I think it's time that our teams start doing some more out of state competitions! From what it looks like that's where all the fun is at!!

Maybe a bit biased, but I vote for CHEER DADS...

CHEERDAD.jpg

I LIVE FOR THIS <3 hahaha love her...but she is a fan not a parent. & honestly i probably looked the same way cheering on cali and wc at worlds...and im not ashamed!
Fan or Parent anyone with this kinda of spirit is a great person! id love to have them support my team <3

I like the cheer mom who has the huge purse that has EVERYTHING in it. Whether it be socks, braces, toothpaste, gum etc. They are literally life savers. Even better, a cheer dad with a fanny pack that holds everything lol

I wouldn't classify my Dad as a "cheer dad" per say, but he is guilty of sporting a fanny pack EVERYWHERE. It contains the most important thing that a Daddy can carry at a cheer competition- money to buy things with lol. It is, however, highly embarrassing on family vacations... my sister and I like to hide it, but he always finds it lmao

ive been known to take a couple shots . . . of caprisuns -_____- lol! were not judging the ones who drink safely :D :chestbump:

Oh, but this Dad is awesome... I love his ending lol:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A2Ap3DyvLg

And, in general, I just like a parent who's gonna be around, be involved, get their kids there on time, have their kids' makeup and hair done correctly, pay attention to the teams in our division that I miss while we're in warmups lol, ask me questions, come to me if they have an issue, let me know who's gossiping about me, and be supportive of my coaching choices. Take videos, be awesome, cheer loud, get to know me, but that's about it. I don't want you in my practices or asking me information about other kids.

Extra points for my former team mom who had triaminic patches in her bag, which got me through NCA Nationals with a serious upper respiratory and sinus infection lol

Parents who don't try and do my job for me.
Parents who don't make excuses to their kid about why the other team won (sometimes, the other team is better)
Parents who arrive ON TIME to competition or practice
Parents who don't correct my corrections.
Parents who go crazy for all of our teams, not just the one their kid is on.
totally totally love this!

Latest posts

Back