All-Star What Type Of Mom/dad Do You Like To See At Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think I'm an over-the-top mom, but I've had my cp tell me that she looks for me and hearing me screaming for her pumps her up. I'm the annoying one with the giant sign, beads, usually a star on my cheek, sometimes the bow in the hair (not often-I know I look ridiculous with it). I start the chant whenever we go out to the VIP area (because I have the biggest mouth lol). I do, however, love to watch other teams. I love seeing the creative choreography of different teams, innovative stunts, etc. I get as excited for other teams when they have a killer routine or a great save as I do my own cp's. I'm that carzy mom who just loves to watch the sport. I thinks its really funny that my husband, who will tell you that cheer is the bane of his existence, will go NUTS at comps-cheering, fist pumping, watching other teams and commenting on really cool stuff they did. I even have it on video-that he himself took LOL!!!

ps-I want to sit near SharkDad & others with flasks in their backpacks at comps! My bag is always full of everything else-mostly snacks-but I never seem to have room for the flask :p

I wouldn't classify my Dad as a "cheer dad" per say, but he is guilty of sporting a fanny pack EVERYWHERE. It contains the most important thing that a Daddy can carry at a cheer competition- money to buy things with lol. It is, however, highly embarrassing on family vacations... my sister and I like to hide it, but he always finds it lmao

Haha! This sounds like me and my sister with my dad's "man purse." (He has a sling bag that he takes everywhere.)

Our first season, I remember seeing a mom with a cooler holding waters, gatorade...and jello shots. Like I said, it was our first season, one of the first competitions too, so I remember thinking, "Seriously, is that necessary?".

Fast forward 5 seasons.....now I find myself wishing I could find that mom at the end of EVERY competition!

I love to see cheer moms who go crazy when there child is on the floor. I also love the crazy outfits that they come up with :D. I LOVE to see cheer dads too, they are the best! Shout out to the father from Twist & Shout who paints his face and carrys the big light up T&S sign! Saw you at Dallas AND Worlds!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but he is Mclovins hubby, and McNuggets Daddy :D.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but he is Mclovins hubby, and McNuggets Daddy :D.

I was just getting ready to post this. haha Yep that is my hubby. I can't tell you how many people have stopped him and asked for a picture with him. lol I told him he was the first cheerlebrity from our house! lmbo ;)

Our first season, I remember seeing a mom with a cooler holding waters, gatorade...and jello shots. Like I said, it was our first season, one of the first competitions too, so I remember thinking, "Seriously, is that necessary?".

Fast forward 5 seasons.....now I find myself wishing I could find that mom at the end of EVERY competition!

Hahahaha! I know...I had to pass on the 9 AM vodka, but i sure was looking for her at about 10:00 that night when we were still waiting for Mini awards to start (I'm not sure what I was hoping to do with the vodka if I found her - can't decide if it was for me or my then 7-year-old...seriously, 10:30 PM awards??? :p)

We were at one comp and the guy I was dating asked the lady at the concessions if they sold beer. She looked at him like he was crazy and said "At the cheerleading competition?" He says "Clearly you've never worked at one of these. By the end of the day you'll be asking if they sell weed at the cheerleading competition!!!" The look on her face = priceless.

I really like to see younger brothers at comps. I love the ones that get really into it (kind of like a smaller cheer dad). We had one at our first gym that was about 10 or 11 - his twin sister cheered on Juniors. He used to put his hair in a faux-hawk, with one side of his head red and the other blue. Then he'd paint his face half red/half blue (opposite sides as the hair), with a zigzag silver stripe of lightning down the center of his face. He cheered louder than anyone at the competitions. I loved him - he would just make my day.

Oh I also love those jersey moms!! They are always so decked out in the cheetah and heels hahah I love it!! Plus the accents :)

I draw the line at that shirt. :)

Ha! Then I'm guessing you'd never wear the SWEAT PANTS in that picture (not my shirt). I have had complete strangers at out of state competitons ask to take pictures of my butt. I can tell you THAT has never happened before the pants... Yeah, I parent by embarrassment.

Ha! Then I'm guessing you'd never wear the SWEAT PANTS in that picture (not my shirt). I have had complete strangers at out of state competitons ask to take pictures of my butt. I can tell you THAT has never happened before the pants... Yeah, I parent by embarrassment.

those were pants? Thought it was a shirt. Might need a little more encouragement from Just-a-Mom. haha

I was just getting ready to post this. haha Yep that is my hubby. I can't tell you how many people have stopped him and asked for a picture with him. lol I told him he was the first cheerlebrity from our house! lmbo ;)
Next time i see your husband i am defiantly getting a picture! :)

Hahahaha! I know...I had to pass on the 9 AM vodka, but i sure was looking for her at about 10:00 that night when we were still waiting for Mini awards to start (I'm not sure what I was hoping to do with the vodka if I found her - can't decide if it was for me or my then 7-year-old...seriously, 10:30 PM awards??? :p)

We were at one comp and the guy I was dating asked the lady at the concessions if they sold beer. She looked at him like he was crazy and said "At the cheerleading competition?" He says "Clearly you've never worked at one of these. By the end of the day you'll be asking if they sell weed at the cheerleading competition!!!" The look on her face = priceless.

I really like to see younger brothers at comps. I love the ones that get really into it (kind of like a smaller cheer dad). We had one at our first gym that was about 10 or 11 - his twin sister cheered on Juniors. He used to put his hair in a faux-hawk, with one side of his head red and the other blue. Then he'd paint his face half red/half blue (opposite sides as the hair), with a zigzag silver stripe of lightning down the center of his face. He cheered louder than anyone at the competitions. I loved him - he would just make my day.

Haha, not my cp's younger brother, he's 4 and every single time he says he can't wait to see his sissy and we get there and he cries and tells me "mommy it's way too loud in here, it's bad for our ears" Yes, well so is your crying little buddy. Mommy loves you, lets go find the lady with the bottle of vodka......

Latest posts

Back