All-Star When Do You....?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TheVipersMom

Biggest (stalker) Fan '14
Cheer Parent
Apr 3, 2011
So last year my daughter was a tiny so we only went to local competitions so we were able to drive and not stay over night.
However, now she is co-competing and we have several travel competitions so my question is how far in advance do you book these.

Like 2/4 & 2/5 we will be at the America's Best competition at the
KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY.
I'm wanting to come down Friday 2/3 and check out Monday 2/6.
So I want to know when do I book a hotel!? I'm so new to this part lol
-Also anyone who goes to this competition I want to stay at the best place closest to it so does anyone know about where I should be looking?

Also on 3/10 & 3/11 we are going to the Athletics Competition in Sevierville, TN. I believe this is the one in the events center connected to the hotel with the indoor water park which is where I want to stay. I'm also wanting to come in on Friday 3/9 and leave Monday 3/12. So should I book this now or should I wait?

I don't want to have to drive to either of these competitions from the hotel and I don't want to miss out...
Thanks in advance!

My mom is the late booker so i almost never get a good hotel. I can tell you though a lot of moms on my team book right when you get the competition schedule, and if worst comes to worst...cancel.

book as early as you can...you don't want to be out of a good hotel cause you waited too long

Definitely check if your team does room blocks first. But even if they do and you find a hotel that you would prefer over what your gym chooses, do that! I know in the past my team has stayed a little farther from the convention centers but my family picked a bit more expensive hotel. In the long run we saved on things like parking because we just left the car in the garage and walked everywhere instead of paying a bunch of parking fees all weekend. Be sure to take things like that into consideration but aside from that BOOK ASAP!

If there is a hotel you must have, book now. I know the hotels with the indoor water parks are pretty popular. We aren't super picky, so we wait until much closer to the comp and get the deals!

I would book as soon as a can just to ensure you get everything set but i would talk to the gym first to see if they want everyone to book at the same hotel or not and such

We don't get a choice at our gym - they almost always handle travel arrangements (bus, hotel, etc.) for out-of-state events. The few times we've had to book rooms on our own, we almost always book at least 90 days in advance if we want to stay at a specific hotel.

As early as possible. My way of thinking is I would rather have the hotel room booked in advance, and if we need to, I can cancel, then not have it booked and then have to pay ridiculous prices or not have a room at all. And then for big nationals, like Cheersport ATL or NCA Dallas, I book the hotel as soon as the date is released for the next national.

I book all of my hotels as soon as we get our comp schedule (mine are already booked for the year). As someone suggested, make sure you make a reservation that allows you to cancel at no charge. If your gym doesn't do a room block, go to the competition website and see if they have room blocks, as many offer hotels at a reduced rate. I travel to Louisville on a regular basis and stay at the Hampton Inn near the KY State Fairgrounds - clean rooms and free breakfast. Good luck this season!!

I book very early as well. I want my pick of hotels, not what is left at the last minute. But I will only book a rate that doesnt have cancellation fees. What I have found is that booking this far out, a lot of hotels are not running"specials" on the rate yet. I book it anyway, in case the price never goes down. But I check back periodically through the season to make sure they havent offered a better rate.

I book early too!! My gym has blocked rooms most of the time for away trips, but definitely book early b/c it is just one thing on your TO-DO List that you can just cross off.

Back