All-Star Where Is The Rule Posted On Usasf Regarding Release Waiver For Levels 1-4 2011-12?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't believe any official rules have been released yet regarding the 11-12 season...

At the end of the season you can go where ever you wanna go I havent heard about needing a release when the 2010-2011 season is over!

I don't remember hearing about needing release waivers for 1-4. They may be waiting another year (to work the kinks out further) before applying it to the rest of the divisions.

I don't remember hearing about needing release waivers for 1-4. They may be waiting another year (to work the kinks out further) before applying it to the rest of the divisions.

Maybe they'll introduce it mid-season again. :rolleyes:

I was under the impression you had to have a release signed regardless of level this season, and you had to have a zero balance to obtain it. This was being done to protect the gym owners.

They really need to release them soon. Teams are having tryouts and the rules could really effect the outcome of some tryouts.

I hadn't heard of anything like this. I thought the Level 5 Release was for Worlds - not whether an athlete could compete with another gym. If it's related to zero balance on a gym's books, why would the USASF get involved in, what amounts to, a collections issue??

@Mamarazzi it has come up numerous times in the releasing athletes threads that this is a rule this season. So I think that's why she was asking in the first place - probably to see is it actually a rule or just rumor. As to the financial aspect, that's up to the gym I think. I'm sure if the rule exists it'll work just like the current one for level 5 - except that it will be for any USASF sanctioned competition, not just worlds - in that the gyms are actually enforcing it. I know the USASF didn't get involved at all this season, other than to deny appeals and say "that's between you and you original gym...they can refuse a release for whatever reason." So they're not really involved in the collections, just allowing the gym to have a way to actually collect some money.

@Mamarazzi it has come up numerous times in the releasing athletes threads that this is a rule this season. So I think that's why she was asking in the first place - probably to see is it actually a rule or just rumor. As to the financial aspect, that's up to the gym I think. I'm sure if the rule exists it'll work just like the current one for level 5 - except that it will be for any USASF sanctioned competition, not just worlds - in that the gyms are actually enforcing it. I know the USASF didn't get involved at all this season, other than to deny appeals and say "that's between you and you original gym...they can refuse a release for whatever reason." So they're not really involved in the collections, just allowing the gym to have a way to actually collect some money.

If the gym requires regular payment, and enforces that, this wouldn't be an issue.

That's like the FCC telling me I can't move because my Comcast bill wasn't paid in full.

If the gym requires regular payment, and enforces that, this wouldn't be an issue.

That's like the FCC telling me I can't move because my Comcast bill wasn't paid in full.

First if all the Comcast thing - hilarious. LOL

As to the other, I think some gyms just aren't doing that. They feel bad because the family is struggling so they let them slide...and no one wants to tell a child they can't live their dream because their parents are irresponsible jerks. Then their balance gets so high its easier to just go to the gym down the street. Our first gym we had about 6 girls leave one month to go to VW, and half of them owed her over $600 - and had arrangements made and were SUPPOSED to be paying it off slowly. (As to why I know This, the owner of the first gym was a very close family friend. Should she have told me this stuff? Probably not...but she was devastated. She's trying to help these families and they leave to go somewhere twice as expensive)

This is not to say how I feel about all this...just why some gyms are letting people carry these balances.

Item 49 of the NACCC vote was "A USASF member athlete may only cheer for one program per USASF season, unless officially released by their Primary USASF gym."

It was voted in favor by 77.87%

The USASF was planning to release the remainder of the rules after Worlds, since that was taking up all of their time. This rule, like some of the age grids is one that will have to take careful consideration of the wording and how they are going to implement it. The rules will come out. Please be patient.

Item 49 of the NACCC vote was "A USASF member athlete may only cheer for one program per USASF season, unless officially released by their Primary USASF gym."

It was voted in favor by 77.87%

The USASF was planning to release the remainder of the rules after Worlds, since that was taking up all of their time. This rule, like some of the age grids is one that will have to take careful consideration of the wording and how they are going to implement it. The rules will come out. Please be patient.

Thanks for the clarification! Personally, I'd rather wait to make sure the rules that are released are just than be subject to rules that were decided on impulsively just to get them out more quickly!

@SharkDad thank you! I'll be patient.

And @Mamarazzi I agree - I would much rather get rules in June that are worded correctly and well thought out than rules in March that are just thrown into a packet and are confusing or mis-worded so it's too easy to get out of them. The only one that we really needed pre-season was the age grid (so my baby knew if she'd be mini or youth).

Back