All-Star Where To Get A Bra To Fit Under The Uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2012
I was wondering if their is a good site where I could find a sports bra for my 8yr old to go under her uniform. It would either have to be strapless on her left side or clear straps and black. The new uniform is the same length has last years (different sizes and a totally different style/material/cut etc., but the same length when I compare them). The uniform this year is only about a inch or a inch and 1/2 away from her nipples (sorry to be so blunt) when she raises her arms and I am wondering how well it'll hold when she she is doing her tucks etc. (last years uniform seem to stay in place). I asked the office manager at the gym but she seemed clueless. I know some girls wore bras under their uniforms last year and assume the older girls will be needing something. In-fact some girls wore something underneath (don't know what they where called) to cover their tummy's 'cause some moms didn't want them to show. So I assume their has to be something out their. Anyway DP is on a L3 Jr. team this year. Thanks

Kohls has a sports bra that comes in packs of 2. Black and Nude. It has convertible straps. So you can have the one strap go over her shoulder like normal and the other stays down under her arm. They are thin enough that it dosent bunch up but has enough support. You can even cross them, were it strapless, whatever. It's great!!

Thanks, I'll check out Kohls on Monday. The kids are out of school :) Hopefully I can find something that fits a 8yr that wears a 7T. The uniforms just arrived the other day, not everyone has picked their's up and haven't even had a practice to ask around where others got their's last year :) I did post on the gym FB site, and no response next to the the person that has no idea :(

She is tiny!! I think I found it close to the junior undergarments section so hopefully an extra small will fit! The package has pictures of all the ways it can be worn. That might help in looking for the correct one. Good Luck!!

Kohls has a sports bra that comes in packs of 2. Black and Nude. It has convertible straps. So you can have the one strap go over her shoulder like normal and the other stays down under her arm. They are thin enough that it dosent bunch up but has enough support. You can even cross them, were it strapless, whatever. It's great!!
Seriously have to check this out. Thanks!

I meant a 7 girls not "T" for toddler -lol- she wasn't even 50lbs when I took in for her physical back in June. But maybe know she does, after porking out on her Halloween candy :)

I meant a 7 girls not "T" for toddler -lol- she wasn't even 50lbs when I took in for her physical back in June. But maybe know she does, after porking out on her Halloween candy :)
hahaha!!! Well then she has a better chance of it fitting! Lol... :)

I was wondering if their is a good site where I could find a sports bra for my 8yr old to go under her uniform. It would either have to be strapless on her left side or clear straps and black. The new uniform is the same length has last years (different sizes and a totally different style/material/cut etc., but the same length when I compare them). The uniform this year is only about a inch or a inch and 1/2 away from her nipples (sorry to be so blunt) when she raises her arms and I am wondering how well it'll hold when she she is doing her tucks etc. (last years uniform seem to stay in place). I asked the office manager at the gym but she seemed clueless. I know some girls wore bras under their uniforms last year and assume the older girls will be needing something. In-fact some girls wore something underneath (don't know what they where called) to cover their tummy's 'cause some moms didn't want them to show. So I assume their has to be something out their. Anyway DP is on a L3 Jr. team this year. Thanks

I liked MotionWear bras for my 9 year old. We have been ordering from them for years. Although they do not make one strap or clear strap. Usually our uniforms include a bra. I bought the same type bra that came with her unifrom from Tilly's. It is like a black bandeau bra with clear removable straps.

Dancewear stores are a good resource for undergarments. Especially if you are looking for child sized items.

I like discountdancewear.com

For Starlites old uniforms that had the sleeve/cutout a lot of the girls ordered one shoulder sportsbras from Yella Ribbon. Varsity also sells them, but i think they only come in Adult sizes from there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all these good ideas. I have a 10 year old that has started to develop and she wears an 8 and for the first year the half top is making me nervous. She is so narrow that the bandeau bras from justice don't fit. I will be checking out the dance wear stores around us. And luckily discount dance is right down the street.

Latest posts

Back