High School Where To Go For Tumbling Instruction

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha. But really, how specifically does finger placement affect the quality of a backhandspring?
More so hand than fingers. Bad to have hands/fingers facing each other and arms too far apart. If this is what u r wondering. There is a discussion on back handspring on fierceboard I think. Search it. :)

More so hand than fingers. Bad to have hands/fingers facing each other and arms too far apart. If this is what u r wondering. There is a discussion on back handspring on fierceboard I think. Search it. :)
Thankt you! The hands make sense. I'll check the thread!

That's what I love about gymnastics instructors. Are certain tiny details like finger placement actually important for cheerleaders, though? I can see it being important for a gymnast for beam, but should it be a concern for cheer?
Not to start a Michigan convo again lol but we always got yelled at for having fingers apart! You get knocked down on execution for it a lot in round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are good and bad gymnastics coaches and there are good and bad cheer tumbling coaches.

Advice and generalizations are pointless without knowing if they are good or bad- there are 2 gymnastics gyms around here that I would not want any of my kids training at and there is one that I would kind of be ok with.

Cheer tumbling and gym tumbling can have different emphasis. I have had several former gymnasts that had never connected multiple standing handsprings but had standing tucks

The best tumbling coach cp ever had was a cheer coach with a gymnastics background. He would not let her progress until her set was perfect and that has made all the difference for her back tuck, layout and full.

Back