Who Is Tired Of Flyers Getting All The Credit For Amazing Stunts?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 16, 2011
So while watching cheer extreme in Indy I was amazed by their ball up 360 tick tock stunt (as usual), but my girls and i were thinking: why do flyers get all the credit for such amazing stunts? Everyone wanted to get a picture with Maddie. She does a great job with her stunts, but theres no flyer without a base! We wanted to figure out who her bases were so we could get pictures with them. Flyers are the pretty face of stunts but theyre not the only member of the group! What does everyone else think?

So while watching cheer extreme in Indy I was amazed by their ball up 360 tick tock stunt (as usual), but my girls and i were thinking: why do flyers get all the credit for such amazing stunts? Everyone wanted to get a picture with Maddie. She does a great job with her stunts, but theres no flyer without a base! We wanted to figure out who her bases were so we could get pictures with them. Flyers are the pretty face of stunts but theyre not the only member of the group! What does everyone else think?
i think thats so true! bases dont get enough attentions or aknowledgement as the flyers do and without the bases the flyers would be nothing!

I COMPLETELY AGREE! It def. ticks me off. I'm a backspot and my flyer is probably the loosest on our team. So we were working on a stunt today when I wasn't feeling well and we couldn't hit it. My coach told us that if we didn't hit it the next tie, we would stand there for competition and not do the stunt. So finally I just pushed my flyer up and made sure she stayed in the air. After that, the coach watching our team (not our actual coach) goes "Oh my gosh Kels that looked sooo amazing!" it pissed me off. And she said, (Kelsey, our flyer) "AWh thanks!" And he said "I could tell you were really trying" and then turns to us and says "that should hit more often. Yall need to.." and so on. likke,, really?
Sorry about the long story, that just happened tonight and made me maddd:)

but remember that bases couldn't hit a full up, tick tock, scorpion, or anything else without a flyer so it goes both ways.
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the GREAT John R Wooden
" Much can be accomplished when you don't care who gets the credit"
-John Wooden-

one of the many quotes from this amazing coach that is written on the walls of my gym!!!

I COMPLETELY AGREE! It def. ticks me off. I'm a backspot and my flyer is probably the loosest on our team. So we were working on a stunt today when I wasn't feeling well and we couldn't hit it. My coach told us that if we didn't hit it the next tie, we would stand there for competition and not do the stunt. So finally I just pushed my flyer up and made sure she stayed in the air. After that, the coach watching our team (not our actual coach) goes "Oh my gosh Kels that looked sooo amazing!" it pissed me off. And she said, (Kelsey, our flyer) "AWh thanks!" And he said "I could tell you were really trying" and then turns to us and says "that should hit more often. Yall need to.." and so on. likke,, really?
Sorry about the long story, that just happened tonight and made me maddd:)

Story of a back spots LIFE .... I feel you on this

I agree that the bases need more credit in the stunts. They work hard and the flyer couldn't do it with out them. We were actually talking about the opposite of that this weekend. You need to remember the bases when the stunt falls too! It is always "Maddie's" stunt that fell. The flyers usually get the bad credit too!

K BUT!!!!! ..... When a Stunt group falls at competition you NEVER hear omg base 1-base2-backspot dropped that stunt....BUT u do hear (put flyer name here)_________ fell ! So look at it that way as well. Can't tell you how many times when someone has ask "how did such n such team do?? O they did good but flyer X fell. You don't here them calling put the bases names.

Each person does a job on the team, with any of you the team would not work the same:)

I call my daughter a "super base" shes 12 and shes 4'9". shes super strong and can even lift me. But she is short and her coaches are not liking her base flyers taller than her. She would rather base than fly. Shes got the "you lift weights, i lift people" syndrome. Anyway, as she is learning to fly. i always tell her to remember the bases. I posted it before and i'll post it again...

A Flyer's Thanks

Thank you to my bases for always being there
It's all because of you that people see me in the air
Thank you to my back spot- I've alot to thank you for
You've landed flat on your back- but never let me hit the floor

For all those times I smacked you- trying to twist down
For all the times I spazzed out- and couldn't get around
For all the times you yelled, "Lock out! LOCK YOUR KNEES!"
For all the times you said ok when I said, "one more time, please?"

I didn't catch your shoulders- its my job as your flyer
You said ok and didn't kill me when I said,"uh, could you catch a little higher?"
When ready to give up- "Stick it!" you would scream
And I could, because of you and the faith in our team.

For all the times you were tired- your muscles were so sore
With a sigh, you toughed it out and let me stunt some more
When trying new stunts and I was scared of what to do
You calmed me down and promised, "Relax- you know we've got you"

Bruises, pain and knuckle scrapes- my basket tosses brought
Backwards, forwards, sideways- I still knew that I'd be caught

I know it can't be easy- catching all my weight
You make it look so easy- we make our stunts look great
And even when we drop one- I know its not the end
You always catch me safely and we put it up again

So for all the times you caught me- you never let me fall
I know that backs and bases work the hardest of us all!!!
You do all the work and I get so much glory
I know it isnt fair that people don't see the full story
Just know once more I thank you- for everything you've done
Without your work and friendship cheering wouldn't be as fun
And every time someone says they're amazed by what I do
I thank you and know that it my heart
Its all because of you.

I call my daughter a "super base" shes 12 and shes 4'9". shes super strong and can even lift me. But she is short and her coaches are not liking her base flyers taller than her. She would rather base than fly. Shes got the "you lift weights, i lift people" syndrome. Anyway, as she is learning to fly. i always tell her to remember the bases. I posted it before and i'll post it again...

A Flyer's Thanks

Thank you to my bases for always being there
It's all because of you that people see me in the air
Thank you to my back spot- I've alot to thank you for
You've landed flat on your back- but never let me hit the floor

For all those times I smacked you- trying to twist down
For all the times I spazzed out- and couldn't get around
For all the times you yelled, "Lock out! LOCK YOUR KNEES!"
For all the times you said ok when I said, "one more time, please?"

I didn't catch your shoulders- its my job as your flyer
You said ok and didn't kill me when I said,"uh, could you catch a little higher?"
When ready to give up- "Stick it!" you would scream
And I could, because of you and the faith in our team.

For all the times you were tired- your muscles were so sore
With a sigh, you toughed it out and let me stunt some more
When trying new stunts and I was scared of what to do
You calmed me down and promised, "Relax- you know we've got you"

Bruises, pain and knuckle scrapes- my basket tosses brought
Backwards, forwards, sideways- I still knew that I'd be caught

I know it can't be easy- catching all my weight
You make it look so easy- we make our stunts look great
And even when we drop one- I know its not the end
You always catch me safely and we put it up again

So for all the times you caught me- you never let me fall
I know that backs and bases work the hardest of us all!!!
You do all the work and I get so much glory
I know it isnt fair that people don't see the full story
Just know once more I thank you- for everything you've done
Without your work and friendship cheering wouldn't be as fun
And every time someone says they're amazed by what I do
I thank you and know that it my heart
Its all because of you.

perfectly said!!! Thanks!
smile.png

Without Bases, Middles & Spotters no Top can fly!

Back