All-Star Who Will Win Large Senior Division @ Worlds 2012?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha, did I miss something? I definitely know there are 4 teams in this division next year that have quite a few world champions on their roster, so a 3 way tie will definitely still leave somebody unhappy. and I heard Marlins will possibly be Medium, also. I hope they don't. They have gotten so competitive over the last two years, I'd hate to see them go.

Anywho, my heart tells me Senior Elite, but my brain tells me Panthers. My opinion has nothing to do with "the cycle" as much as it is the mentality CA had last year at this time compared to this year. I don't think they would have gone large this year, removing themselves from a division they just won a world championship in, unless they were SURE they'd have enough talent and a huge shot at winning the title. CA just doesn't come across as a gym that would move a team just because it's what the fans wanted. They seem like they put their teams in divisions they're confident they can win. But don't get me wrong, my heart will still bleed Teal come comp season! I guess the best statement is: I think Senior Elite will win, but I think Panthers will be "hunting them" (if you will) and be ready to pounce at any sign of weakness!

Haha, did I miss something? I definitely know there are 4 teams in this division next year that have quite a few world champions on their roster, so a 3 way tie will definitely still leave somebody unhappy. and I heard Marlins will possibly be Medium, also. I hope they don't, they have gotten so competitive over the last two years, I'd hate to see them try and take an easier road.

Anywho, my heart tells me Senior Elite, but my brain tells me Panthers. My opinion has nothing to do with "the cycle" as much as it is the mentality CA had last year at this time compared to this year. I don't think they would have gone large this year, removing themselves from a division they just won a world championship in, unless they were SURE they'd have enough talent and a huge shot at winning the title. CA just doesn't come across as a gym that would move a team just because it's what the fans wanted. They seem like they put their teams in divisions they're confident they can win. But don't get me wrong, my heart will still bleed Teal come comp season! I guess the best statement is: I think Senior Elite will win, but I think Panthers will be "hunting them" (if you will) and be ready to pounce at any sign of weakness!

I thought I read the CA thread that Panthers were med this year.

yung.STAR said:
why are panthers now leaning towards medium?​
NOTE: I do not coach that team, so I am kind of guessing/assuming what their reasons are.

It is a better fit for the athletes. 30 gives you 2 roster spots that don't have to be involved in the stunts to reach the top range of stunt difficulty (7x4=28). With 36 (9x4=36), you have to use every person (or do "2 mans") to get to the same stunt range. Keeping it at 30 also lets a bigger portion of the athletes be Panther veterans. Going 36 would mean that over half of the team was new to Panthers. The "new" 6 that would be added on would likely be primarily L5 athletes who are new to CA this season.​

I thought I read the CA thread that Panthers were med this year.

yung.STAR said:
why are panthers now leaning towards medium?​
NOTE: I do not coach that team, so I am kind of guessing/assuming what their reasons are.
It is a better fit for the athletes. 30 gives you 2 roster spots that don't have to be involved in the stunts to reach the top range of stunt difficulty (7x4=28). With 36 (9x4=36), you have to use every person (or do "2 mans") to get to the same stunt range. Keeping it at 30 also lets a bigger portion of the athletes be Panther veterans. Going 36 would mean that over half of the team was new to Panthers. The "new" 6 that would be added on would likely be primarily L5 athletes who are new to CA this season.​

I haven't been on the boards much/checked that thread lately, so you are most likely right. I hope they end up large, though!!! My bad, everyone! but until it's 100% confirmed, it's still the big 4 to me, and any of them could take it!

Umm, can you guys please get off the Stars bandwagon? Haha. I can count on my fingers the amount of fierceboarders (including myself...) who have actually wanted them to win the last two years. I would have thought there would have been a lot more F5's and SE's. I loveeeeee Stars (obviously haha) so I clearly want them to win. But just because CEA didn't win again this year doesn't mean you guys can crowd up our wagon :wasntme:

*I really don't mean to sound this snarky :)*

Why do people always count out F5? They're the reigning (hahaha, get it?) champs, but most people aren't predicting a top two win for them at all. Clearly we don't know anything until we see routines, but I'm surprised at the lack of Twisters fans. (But it's totally fine because now I can be one of the cool kids that supported them from the beginning!)

Anyway, I really hope Marlins stays large and manages a top three win this year. I'd LOVE to see the top two being Marlins and Twisters (gotta rep my home state), but my doubts for that one are high, haha. Either way, there's one thing we do know: that this season is gonna be FIERCE.

Back