OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
How does it work in dance? If you're a title holder, are you bound to your studio?
kind of yes. they want you to stay there but if you leave there is nothing they can do. Abby just writes it into her contract that if you win a title you have to stay with her until you give it away the next year or you will owe her $100,000 or something absurd like that.

That's really a shame. Sometime you can start out in a studio/gym and be really happy and then things can change.

all of the moms are stuck there for a long time because of their contract with lifetime. Chloe in particular will not be able to leave for at least another year because she is now a title holder and if she left she would have to pay Abby a ridiculous amount of money. the poor girl hasn't been able to leave for years because she keeps winning title after title. Maddie has a lot of pressure put on her from her mom but mostly from Abby, she expects perfection and Maddie knows it. what you saw in this episode was a 9 year old girl who was just too stressed out and it hurt her performance and made her act like brat. she was punished by her mom and she is as good as new now, back to winning.

My parents would have never put a price on my sanity. They would have snatched me out and said "See you in court".

You'd think Chloe is MY daughter the way I act when she performs and wins. Hot mess alert right here..
And my favorite part of last night: Cathy chomping that pizza. She wasn't playing around!

Abby has a crazy contract, that won't stand up in court, but titles require you to stay with your teacher for the year of your title, unless there are situations the child can't control. My daughter has won many titles, and then the military moves us, yet she still got to keep her title, because the situation was something unseen and out of her control. No sane competition director would make any of those girls stay with Abby. Between the show and losing her DMA membership, she's already blacklisted...
kind of yes. they want you to stay there but if you leave there is nothing they can do. Abby just writes it into her contract that if you win a title you have to stay with her until you give it away the next year or you will owe her $100,000 or something absurd like that.
What title has Chloe recently won? I know about DEA and Jr. Miss Dance, but she should have already given up those titles.

What title has Chloe recently won? I know about DEA and Jr. Miss Dance, but she should have already given up those titles.
Maybe there's a contract with the show? Like she's locked in as long as the show goes on or something.

Umm, am I the only one who thinks this dance was as bad as ALDC's? If this dance won 1st, I'm okay with them getting 10th. :eek:

First once again these girls look way older to me and second those little girls dancing down in front of the stage are precious. No room for them down there at a cheer competition. They'd get trampled!

You can obviously tell when things are scripted, but last night definitely was not and I'm beyond pissed at Abby. Maddie cries, just like Nia did, and gets a hug and calm voice, but Nia gets a "you should've known your dance and kept dancing". Then Chloe acts professionally and keeps dancing, making it up until she got to a part she remembered, and she gets yelled at also.

Can someone please explain to me why Abby treats her this way? She's such a beautiful dancer, and I'm sorry, but more mesmerizing to watch than Maddie. She has better lines, she's graceful, just amazing overall but gets treated like she's on Nia's level, who for one should not be on those girls level. That's like asking a sr. level 2 to be on the level 5 team and not nugget in the back. She can't hang with them. I don't even know what to think about the whole situation.

Abby has a crazy contract, that won't stand up in court, but titles require you to stay with your teacher for the year of your title, unless there are situations the child can't control. My daughter has won many titles, and then the military moves us, yet she still got to keep her title, because the situation was something unseen and out of her control. No sane competition director would make any of those girls stay with Abby. Between the show and losing her DMA membership, she's already blacklisted...

Do you mind explaining that a bit? Like what is a DMA membership and was she blacklisted because of the show (faking results) or was it because of things not shown on TV?

You can obviously tell when things are scripted, but last night definitely was not and I'm beyond pissed at Abby. Maddie cries, just like Nia did, and gets a hug and calm voice, but Nia gets a "you should've known your dance and kept dancing". Then Chloe acts professionally and keeps dancing, making it up until she got to a part she remembered, and she gets yelled at also.

Can someone please explain to me why Abby treats her this way? She's such a beautiful dancer, and I'm sorry, but more mesmerizing to watch than Maddie. She has better lines, she's graceful, just amazing overall but gets treated like she's on Nia's level, who for one should not be on those girls level. That's like asking a sr. level 2 to be on the level 5 team and not nugget in the back. She can't hang with them. I don't even know what to think about the whole situation.
you are right the last half of last nights show was not scripted. Abby plays favorites...big time. she has for as long as i have known her. it actually used to be Brooke until Brooke became more interested in her social life. Brooke is a phenomenal dancer and when i see her dance she actually takes my breath away but you don't get to see that much on the show, she is a multiple title winner. Abby treats Chloe the way she does because she doesn't want Chloe to be better then Maddie, plain and simple. you got a taste of the REAL Abby in the finale.
Nia is in the group mostly for the show. she danced with the other girls a little before the show but not nearly as much as she does now and same with Brooke. Mackenzie almost never danced with those girls she danced with the younger dancers at the studio.

just checked and you are right, she won DEA again recently but it was just a regional! :) she is still stuck there though because of the contract with lifetime!

just checked and you are right, she won DEA again recently but it was just a regional! :) she is still stuck there though because of the contract with lifetime!
That sounds right, I know nationals are this summer, so I was a little lost on those titles contracts. Abby's contract woukd be easy to get out of, Lifetime's contract is a whole different can of worms....
Do you mind explaining that a bit? Like what is a DMA membership and was she blacklisted because of the show (faking results) or was it because of things not shown on TV?
DMA stands for Dance Masters of America. DMA is part of a international organization that provides training for students and teachers alike. Thru out the year, they have tests, chapter and national competitions, master classes, workshops, and so much more for the ones who belong in the organization. DMA is basically the USASF, but for dance. Any good studio should be DMA qualified and have teachers who are also qualified . In a spring newsletter emailed to DMA members, the DMA national president, made this statement:“To date, Dance Masters of America has not taken a public stand on the Dance Moms reality show. We had hoped the show would just fade away. As many of you know, the Lifetime video crew appeared at our Orlando National Convention and were immediately turned away and refused any filming of our convention workshops or competitions. Parents and students attending the convention were immediately notified and were discouraged from any participation with this program. DMA feels this is a total misrepresentation of our dance educators and their students and is detrimental to the dance profession.“Abby Lee Miller is no longer a member of Dance Members of America. Her membership was terminated through her chapter. Quality dance education is very important to each of us and our students and our goal is to provide the best dance education in the most loving atmosphere.” The major comps, (WCDE, HOF,ect) refuse to let the cameras in and most of the dance world is furious at Abby for the way she treats her students and moms. She has already lost students and is only keeping the few she has because of the show. When her 15 minutes end, her studio will go back under..This show is harming everything her mother worked for...

Back