OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
One thing I don't understand is, why don't they just perfect the group dances that they have? I really liked this dance and with some polishing up it'll do great. Why force these girls to learn a new number in those 3 days again when obviously it's not going to be perfect.

i don't understand this either. i'm from the pittsburgh area & my sister and i both danced competitively for another studio when we were younger. we always kept the same routine for the entire competition season...we'd just continue perfecting it & making small changes/upping the difficulty as needed. i wonder if they just do this for the show? i admit it probably would get a little boring watching the girls perform the same thing every week...

i don't understand this either. i'm from the pittsburgh area & my sister and i both danced competitively for another studio when we were younger. we always kept the same routine for the entire competition season...we'd just continue perfecting it & making small changes/upping the difficulty as needed. i wonder if they just do this for the show? i admit it probably would get a little boring watching the girls perform the same thing every week...
That is exactly why. the producers want new dances every week for entertainment purposes. if we watched the same dances every week it would get kinda boring. Maddie and Chloe's first solos from last season were actually dances they had done all year long just to different music.

FELLOW FIERCERS PLEASE HELP ME
I am DYING to know what that song is that Kendall danced to. I've googled the living daylights out of it and the 45 seconds of lyrics that were in the clip on the show and I can't find anything. I'm thinking because it's a musical theater routine the song was probably from a musical so that may be why it's so hard to find. First person to find it gets 10000000 shimmies...... heheh
Also, people familiar with the dance industry, does putting younger girls in a dance let the group bump down an age group? I feel like Mackenzie is always just stuck into a number for a few seconds, not really doing anything, then sent off stage. I don't understand why else they would put her in all of the "big girls'" dances, but I have no idea how the rules work. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

I am DYING to know what that song is that Kendall danced to. I've googled the living daylights out of it and the 45 seconds of lyrics that were in the clip on the show and I can't find anything. I'm thinking because it's a musical theater routine the song was probably from a musical so that may be why it's so hard to find. First person to find it gets 10000000 shimmies...... heheh
Also, people familiar with the dance industry, does putting younger girls in a dance let the group bump down an age group? I feel like Mackenzie is always just stuck into a number for a few seconds, not really doing anything, then sent off stage. I don't understand why else they would put her in all of the "big girls'" dances, but I have no idea how the rules work. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
maybe she is a package deal with Mady?

I will see if i can find out her music for you, they changed her music right before she went on stage so im not sure if anyone will know but i will check anyways! as for Mackenzie being in the dances it will lower the average age but not enough to bump down an age group. she is in the dances so she can feel apart of the group, she actually does a good chunk of the dance but unfortunately it is not shown on the show.

cheergirl4444
I might have missed your response to this, but did Brooke try out for cheer this year?

I am fascinated by this show. I can't figure out how much of it is acting and how much of it is real. Obviously some of it is scripted, but is Abby really that disrespectful to the moms when the cameras aren't there? Also, is the show nitpicking with the Maddie-Chloe rivalry, or is that really as strong as the show portrays it? I don't have a lot of trust in reality TV, and I'm trying to get a sense of the true reality of this whole world.

cheergirl4444
I might have missed your response to this, but did Brooke try out for cheer this year?

I am fascinated by this show. I can't figure out how much of it is acting and how much of it is real. Obviously some of it is scripted, but is Abby really that disrespectful to the moms when the cameras aren't there? Also, is the show nitpicking with the Maddie-Chloe rivalry, or is that really as strong as the show portrays it? I don't have a lot of trust in reality TV, and I'm trying to get a sense of the true reality of this whole world.
From what i understand Brooke tried out at FCA for diamonds but turned it down and stayed with dance.

Abby really is that mean and disrespectful in real life, i went to the studio before the show started with Christi and i couldn't believe how she was treating everyone. People stay at her studio because she really is an amazing dance teacher as is Gia (the girl you see in a lot of the episodes at competitions) she choreographed Black Swan. the Maddie-Chloe rivalry is real to a point. they do compete against each other and they both want to win but they are best friends and the moms are good friends also. most of the rivalry is for TV (well and in Abby's mind) if you haven't seen the extra clip on the lifetime sight called callback challenge you should really watch, it makes me sick to my stomach.

From what i understand Brooke tried out at FCA for diamonds but turned it down and stayed with dance.

Abby really is that mean and disrespectful in real life, i went to the studio before the show started with Christi and i couldn't believe how she was treating everyone. People stay at her studio because she really is an amazing dance teacher as is Gia (the girl you see in a lot of the episodes at competitions) she choreographed Black Swan. the Maddie-Chloe rivalry is real to a point. they do compete against each other and they both want to win but they are best friends and the moms are good friends also. most of the rivalry is for TV (well and in Abby's mind) if you haven't seen the extra clip on the lifetime sight called callback challenge you should really watch, it makes me sick to my stomach.
I did watch that clip, I was stunned at how mental Abby was being. She is making the rivalry vicious, not Chloe and Maddie. So Melissa and Christi are really friends? That's a surprise, but very comforting. I kind of hope these women and the girls stick together.

Chloe's full solo to the real music from last episode. this is Christi's REAL youtube account she has many other videos up.

Kendall used to dance at the same place I danced at when I was super duper little. I ended up switching studios when I got older, but it's only like 15 minutes from where I live in Pittsburgh.

And I loved the premiere! I'm team Chloe! I love Christi................she speaks to me. She's just so sassy, I love it! and she's the complete opposite of Chloe. I think Brooke will quit next season because I think then she ages out of the junior divison and she can't be part of "the group" anymore. I LOVE DANCE MOMS! I can't wait till the summer. Christi and Kelly always do meet and greets with their girls but I never am home long enough to go to one.

I would've loved to see Brooke as an FCA Diamond....just saying.

I would've loved to see Brooke as an FCA Diamond....just saying.
My daughter's cheer squad is on next week! They filmed at the Varsity football game and I've been waiting to see the episode. That was the coach they showed in the teaser.

Also wish Brooke had decided to do FCA...she's a really nice kid and apparently was beautiful in the air (I didn't drive the carpool that night so I didn't see her)!

Dance Moms is going to Miami!

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/dance-moms-gets-miami-spin-lifetime

I loved tonight's episode! Christi is so sassy. I couldn't believe when the girl got DQ'd and her mom and Cathy were like "It's not your fault honey, they're just jealous!" I was like WTF!? That represents everything that parents fear in an activity's coach their kid looks up to: lying, cheating, and deceiving is okay if you get what you want in the end. I hope that was a scripted part of the show, but I fear it wasn't because the girl seemed genuinely upset. I despise Cathy so much.

I'm really thinking Abby should have made a senior aged company with some of the girls they had try out. She'd clean up at competitions. Plus who knows how catty it could get between her and Cathy.

Back