OT Winter Breaks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
my kids had half days on the 15th and 16th and go back on the 3rd.
Most area schools go back either on the 2nd or 3rd, and got their first day off around the 19th-22st

We live in the city of Chicago and our break was Dec. 23 (Friday - they had school that day) until Jan 9th (Monday - they go back on that day.) We are ALWAYS different breaks than the suburbs of Chicago, which is extremely annoying since cheer is in the suburbs. So the gym is closed on days we have school and open on days we are on vacation. And clinics etc. are always while my girls are still in school (well just my little one now since my older one GRADUATED! :chestbump:)

Incidentally, I always see people saying "You're so lucky to get X days off" etc. but really it doesn't matter. All kids in public schools in the US go to school 180 days a year in order for the school to receive funding. So even tho someone may have a longer break, they probably get out later at the end of the year. Doesn't matter how those days are spread out - even the year round schools that have 4 week breaks for Christmas still have 180 scheduled days. Always.

Thought I'd make y'all jealous and drop by to say I'm on summer vacation! Don't go back to university until end of February (although I have a lot of holiday prep work to do for my honours year). My long summer days are full of sunshine, family, beach, booty shorts, flip flops, relaxed stunt sessions with whatever fun skills we feel like playing with, and lying on the couch keeping up with the US comp season :D

Wed 21st December - Wed 4th Jan. I drew the short(ish) straw as I'm changing schools.

My new school was Fri 16th - Wed 4th so I lost out on 3 extra holiday days. However, my friend who is also changing schools got an even shorter straw Thurs 22nd - Tues 3rd!!!! So whilst all schools HAVE to have 190 days, I'll have 193 but my friend will have 195, sucks to be her ;)

Different councils in the UK can have different holidays as long as they are all 190 days or more. This makes it difficult if you live near more than 2 councils, I have 5 within spitting distance, and teach in one whilst your kids go to school in another or maybe split over a couple :confused:

I live in California. We got out december 15 and going back tommarow(jan 3rd). I actually want to go back to school, to see all my friends everyday, but not to do the work haha:)

My sister got out December 16th and goes back Jan 3rd

My mom is a teacher...she got out Dec. 16th and went back Jan 2nd..it was a teacher work day, and they got to have a half day because of the bowl game.

I am a librarian at a college and I got out January 16th (Originally we got the 20th but they sent an email right before we left Friday saying that the university would be closed...didn't matter much to me since I'd already put in to take annual leave but at least i get those days back). I go back tomorrow. I'm currently going through all 7 stages of grief right now..

Our students got out the Friday before us...and they begin classes this Friday

Same as cheeeeer93 :( Except I'm going back tomorrow. I hate seeing all the people in the south in May saying how they're on summer break. In Massachusetts, we get out in late June.
I'm a senior so I don't know about the rest of my school but I graduate the first week in June. So I'd assume everyone else goes like a week and a half later than that?

Back