OT Winter Breaks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We are in Florida. Each county has their own calendar.

The county we live in started winter break on Dec 22 and ends Jan 6th, however, 7 & 8 are weekends and the 9th is a teacher planning day, so classes resume Jan 10th.

Our neighboring county where out cheer gym is located started Dec 19th to Jan 1st and classes resume Jan 2nd.
Were in FL are you? Hillsborough (location says Tampa)? In Pinellas we had Dec 16th-Jan 3rd (We just went back to school today -_-)

Same as cheeeeer93 :( Except I'm going back tomorrow. I hate seeing all the people in the south in May saying how they're on summer break. In Massachusetts, we get out in late June.

But don't you go back after Labor Day in September? Those kids that get out in May go back in August. And going to school in August suuuucks. It is so everloving hot I can't tell you.

But don't you go back after Labor Day in September? Those kids that get out in May go back in August. And going to school in August suuuucks. It is so everloving hot I can't tell you.
Usually the Tuesday before Labor Day if it falls late, but yes, those other people definitely start a few weeks before.

Yeah, you're right! I went back September 6th this year. They should make a universal start date and end date for the whole country!

I forgot to mention that the school district where my mom teaches (Dec 16th-Jan 2nd for faculty) also gets a "Winter Break" the 3rd week of February...which is not to be confuse with their April week long spring break.

They got a new superintendent this year and where he came from they got winter breaks. To me its stupid to have a winter and spring break....It would've been better suited for like the first week of October

I forgot to mention that the school district where my mom teaches (Dec 16th-Jan 2nd for faculty) also gets a "Winter Break" the 3rd week of February...which is not to be confuse with their April week long spring break.

They got a new superintendent this year and where he came from they got winter breaks. To me its stupid to have a winter and spring break....It would've been better suited for like the first week of October
My school has what we call a "mid-winter break" towards the end of February, and then we have spring break the week of Easter.

Our winter break officially began at 10 PM on Dec. 18th and we start classes again on January 11th.

I kinda like the system we have in the UK; 3 terms September - December; January - March/April (depending on when Easter falls); March/April - July. Each one of those terms is split in the middle by a week break so it usually goes something like this:
  • Sept - Mid October (1 week break) November - December (2 weeks break)
  • Jan - Mid Feb (1 week break) end Feb - March/April (2 weeks break)
  • April - Middle May (1 week break) June - Mid July (6-7 weeks break)
Slowly some council authorities are changing it but this is usually the rule of thumb :) This is school not university which have a whole other system with way more holidays.

Back