All-Star Woooooo Saaaaaahhhhh

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do" -Eleanor Roosevelt

I've always loved this quote.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do" -Eleanor Roosevelt

I've always loved this quote.

I didn't know this quote but it's absolutely perfect ! That's exactly what I felt after the biggest exam I ever took. It's a competitive exam : out of 2000 people at the written part of it, we were 600 to go to the interviews with two different juries (which terrified me, they're known to push some contestants to the breaking point). They took 300 people in the end, and I failed but I remember vividly how I felt when I got out of my second interview. I was relieved it was over but mostly, I was just so happy that I did it. I knew I hadn't done too well, but I felt that I went through it once, I can go through it again, and a whole lot of other stuff too ! It's a much stronger feeling than the disappointment not to have made it. That's what motivates me to try again for next April !

"It's not easy to break out of your comfort zone, people will tear you down, tell you, you shouldn't have bothered in the first place. But let me tell you something, there's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday they will." - Sue Sylvester (Glee, S1, E4)

now I'm waiting for the Marilyn Monroe quote.
"I'm selfish impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Said ever dramatic female I've ever been friends with...as well as Marilyn ;)

I was watching interviews with Aly Raisman and found my new favorite quote.
Especially in gymnastic people don't understand how mental it is and how hard it can get because there are times when you feel like you physically can't do it anymore but your coach is telling you to do 2 more routines and you want to do it because you don't want him to say later down the road well if you did it, if you tried harder maybe you would have made the team and I never ever want to get to that point.

Back