All-Star Woooooo Saaaaaahhhhh

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there is one simple difference between cheerleading and any other teamsport. in other teamsports, on the back of your top/shirt in which you compete, your name is written. but not in cheerleading, there is only your teamname. because it doesn't matter what YOU can do, it's what the TEAM does that matters.

there is one simple difference between cheerleading and any other teamsport. in other teamsports, on the back of your top/shirt in which you compete, your name is written. but not in cheerleading, there is only your teamname. because it doesn't matter what YOU can do, it's what the TEAM does that matters.
That only holds true for professional sports. I have been to high school games in several regions of the United States and the majority of teams do not have names on the backs of their jerseys. Most schools reuse the jerseys from year to year and may even switch a players number during the season.

High school sports are most applicable because this is the age of many of the senior age cheerleaders.

Team sports are team sports. One amazing player can make a difference in the outcome of a game, but seasons need whole teams working together well.

That only holds true for professional sports. I have been to high school games in several regions of the United States and the majority of teams do not have names on the backs of their jerseys. Most schools reuse the jerseys from year to year and may even switch a players number during the season.

High school sports are most applicable because this is the age of many of the senior age cheerleaders.

Team sports are team sports. One amazing player can make a difference in the outcome of a game, but seasons need whole teams working together well.

you totally missed the point i think. in every team there is always this one (annoying) person that will brag about all that she can do and as from the moment something fails, will blame others. it's on one of these moments I said these words for the first time, to make them realise that it doesnt matter what suzy or katie did, the endscore is what the whole team did. if a base messes up big time, you can be the best flyer, but there is a big chance you'll be coming down. if one stuntgroup is doing amazing skills and all the others only do a thightstand the whole routine, they wont score high either. its all about what the team does.

and here no matter in what league they play, pretty much all teams in all sports, except cheerleading, have their own personal name on the back of their jersey.

If you have peace within yourself, nobody can touch you. No matter what happens. -Mariah Carey

Just everyday dealing with people this is a personal fave. Can help when dealing with people on your team and any drama. It was almost my senior quote.

My qoute was: "When there is no one else, look inside yourself, like your oldest friend, trust the voice within."- Christina Aguilera

Last edited:
If you have peace within yourself, nobody can touch you. No matter what happens. -Mariah Carey

Just everyday dealing with people this is a personal fave. Can help when dealing with people on your team and any drama. It was almost my senior quote.

Which was: "When there is no one else, look inside yourself, like your oldest friend, trust the voice within."- Christina Aguilera
The Voice Within is such an inspirational song! Christina Aguilera has tons of inspirational songs that have helped me through a lot. She's my favorite :)

My qoute was: "When there is no one else, look inside yourself, like your oldest friend, trust the voice within."- Christina Aguilera

I don't know about how true that Mariah Carey's quote is - I think Nick Cannon did a good job in touching that real deep - Just saying. hahaha

I don't know about how true that Mariah Carey's quote is - I think Nick Cannon did a good job in touching that real deep - Just saying. hahaha

Lol well I heard her say with my own ears, it was before a performance of one of my fave songs way back in the day.

Lol well I heard her say with my own ears, it was before a performance of one of my fave songs way back in the day.

Girl, I need to let you in on a secret about Pebbles, I like to pull and sometime tug real hard at your leg... The statements I made were my sick way of talking about how Mariah Carey's quote of yesteryear just doesn't fit what is going on in her life now...:p

Back