All-Star Woooooo Saaaaaahhhhh

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt

LOVE THIS!!!!! I actually have this as a caption under a picture of my daughter when she was a baby, walking on the beach for the first time-it's just her walking with the endless ocean in front of her. It's one of my favorite pics!

A bit long, but one of the Classic's. Thus, the gender "man" substitute "woman".

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank
with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not
victory nor defeat.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds
could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust
and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great
enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph
of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with
those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899

Teddy Roosevelt

whether or not you win this thing, you've got to decide how you're going to walk out of here when it's all said and done, ‘case the game is GOING to go on.

and there’s only one rule you're going to need to know about: there are no second chances. there's only THIS moment, and the next moment. every one of those moments is a test that you get to take ONE time, and ONLY one time.

so if you see an opening, tear into it. if you get a shot at victory, make DAMN sure you take it. sieze that moment. that moment is a crossroads, where everything you want will collide with everything standing in your way.

you've got momentum at your back. fear and doubt are thundering like a freight train, straight at you. and all youve got, the only difference between making history and BEING history, the only thing, the ONLY thing, you can count on at any give moment, is YOU.

it's you vs them.
you vs no
you vs cant

you vs next year, last year, statistics, excuses.
its you vs history.
you vs the odds.
its you vs second place.

the clock's ticking, let's see what you've got.

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.”- Nadia Comaneci
"To dance is to be in tune with the steps of life."- Sasha Azevedo
"An athlete who tells you the training is always easy and always fun simply hasn't been there. Goals can be elusive which makes the difficult journey all the more rewarding." -Alberto Salazar
"One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

This is kind of long so apologies in advance.
Handwritten sign found in Mother Teresa's room:
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; be successful anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow; do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway.
For you see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

This one was not funny until I had teenagers.
Teenagers believe that their parents could not find their butts with both hands and a flashlight on a sunny day. My mother!

David Frost
Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Back