All-Star World Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 6, 2014
Ok so my cousin just called all panicky and I told her if anyone would know you guys would. So here is my/cousins question.

Her son's world team has an At Large bid but they just had 5 new people added to their team. 2 were taken off due to injuries and 3 others due to IOC crossover situation. So 5 new people. She says they have to compete again for a new bid.... is this true and why? What are the rules/regulations to this?

Thanks so much! You guys rock!

What size team is he on?
It also depends on whether or not any of the new athletes competed on the floor with any other team at the gym at the comp the bid was won. These are referred to as substitutions. For these, x-small can have 4, small can have 6, medium can have 8, and large can have 10.
Any other athlete that did not compete with the gym at the bid comp is called a wildcard alternate, and any size team can only have up to 3.

If the athletes are all new and therefore wild card alternates, then yes they will need a new bid.

All info is on page 8 here:
http://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazo...Worlds/USASF_Worlds_Cheer_Event-Info_2018.pdf

What size team is he on?
It also depends on whether or not any of the new athletes competed on the floor with any other team at the gym at the comp the bid was won. These are referred to as substitutions. For these, x-small can have 4, small can have 6, medium can have 8, and large can have 10.
Any other athlete that did not compete with the gym at the bid comp is called a wildcard alternate, and any size team can only have up to 3.

If the athletes are all new and therefore wild card alternates, then yes they will need a new bid.

http://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazo...Worlds/USASF_Worlds_Cheer_Event-Info_2018.pdf
What size team is he on?

THANK YOU! I knew you guys would know. All of them are members of their gym, and competed with other teams. So they don't have to go! Yeah for them. I will let her know!

Exactly, that's why you don't crossover!

THANK YOU! I knew you guys would know. All of them are members of their gym, and competed with other teams. So they don't have to go! Yeah for them. I will let her know!

Exactly, that's why you don't crossover!
As long as they are not an x-small team, they will be good to go!

International Open teams get 8 alternates, and Intl level 6 teams get 10. We're old on 6 and more prone to injury :p

Back