All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not childish. It's fact. The scores reflect it.
d344651651ced031dfb034ac32dd5530.jpg
what do the scores exactly say...? to me they said teams, didn't hit and so the best team of the night won. congrats to F5. now move on.

So I'll speak my part of this situation...
IMO, (coming from an athlete who JUST lost senior age) time has NOTHING to do with these team's performance, they're 12-18, they've been in the park all day practicing and having fun. if they needed as much rest as you guys made it seem, they had the option to get it. Plus, they're up all night after regular practices anyway so.....

Just because you personally don't need that much rest doesn't mean everybody is the same. I'm a few years older (21) but unlike most people I go to college with, I can't stay up all night. If I don't get a minimum of eight hours of sleep, I'm exhausted all day and have trouble staying awake in class. Scientifically speaking, teenagers absolutely need plenty of rest to partake in a sport/activity as athletic as cheerleading is. And again, you can't generalize and say they're all up all night after regular practices. When I was still cheering and I had late night practices, my homework was done before practice so that when I got home I could go straight to sleep.

There's also a big difference between staying up late doing something sedentary and competing a routine at midnight.

Jumps to tuck girl on LL just gave me a heart attack..
Same :/
poor girl !
They looked great though

Not sure about the back of the uniform.. it blends too much in with their skin.. it looked like a halter top backing to be honest. I know there are two circular cut outs already and it doesn't help the situation :/

It's not childish. It's fact. The scores reflect it.
d344651651ced031dfb034ac32dd5530.jpg

I think it shows just how vulnerable, competitive, amazing this sport is. I don't understand people/gyms who want to keep scores in the dark, in a competitive sport that is score to the hundredth of a point.

To address the "they stay up later than this every night" argument. So do I. But I'm still tired and I'm not up to doing any kind of full out anything.

This is not just another competition either. It's the pinnacle event and for many, the final event of their cheer career. It should be as perfect as possible. There should not be ANY circumstances causing added stress or strife to this already stressful and dangerous activity.

Period. No one is whining here. It's about doing what is right and correct by these kids that have devoted their young lives to make this crazy thing we love so amazing and awesome.

They deserve to be treated with more basic human decency and respect in this situation.

what do the scores exactly say...? to me they said teams, didn't hit and so the best team of the night won. congrats to F5. now move on.
I'm super happy for F5. And yep, the other teams didn't hit. So they won on technicalities. But don't call people childish when they point it out. It's childish to stir up crap with people just because you want to be ugly. If you stir up crap be ready to lick the spoon.

Back