All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well the thing is, in most other countries there is only level 5 and 6 for Seniors, so even though they do not have Level 5 and 6 tumbling , they are still Level 5/6 teams. They compete in lvl 5/6 in their home country and earn their bid as a level 5/6 team. So they deserve to compete at worlds. I know it is harder to understand for anyone from a cheer dominating country with a huge industry that has been around for years and years , with professional coaches and gym owners that live off cheerleading, but in most of europe there are simply no ways of getting tumbling on a level like in the US or Canada. I cant tumble to save my life , i started cheering when I was 18, but I sure know how to throw rewinds to the top. I understand the frustration when ever top teams do not get to move on to finals while "weaker" teams get to go because they were the only ones from their country, but at the same time you need to keep the circumstances these teams practice in in mind and remember that them competing at worlds helps our sport grow and evolve in their home countries, so that one day hopefully, they can really compete with the american teams.

Well the thing is, in most other countries there is only level 5 and 6 for Seniors, so even though they do not have Level 5 and 6 tumbling , they are still Level 5/6 teams. They compete in lvl 5/6 in their home country and earn their bid as a level 5/6 team. So they deserve to compete at worlds. I know it is harder to understand for anyone from a cheer dominating country with a huge industry that has been around for years and years , with professional coaches and gym owners that live off cheerleading, but in most of europe there are simply no ways of getting tumbling on a level like in the US or Canada. I cant tumble to save my life , i started cheering when I was 18, but I sure know how to throw rewinds to the top. I understand the frustration when ever top teams do not get to move on to finals while "weaker" teams get to go because they were the only ones from their country, but at the same time you need to keep the circumstances these teams practice in in mind and remember that them competing at worlds helps our sport grow and evolve in their home countries, so that one day hopefully, they can really compete with the american teams.

I agree with you! And I always get so sad when People are tweeting abot european teams like why are they even there if they know they won't win. You have no idea how much it means to us to even be there. Let alone competing.

Cannot shimmy this enough times.

Exactly. At a competition in the UK last weekend I watched the l5 all girl division, where there was a bid up for grabs. Out of the three teams competing I didn't really think any were Worlds standard, a few fulls per team but mostly tucks and layouts and some clean but safe stunting. One of these teams got a bid, and they were delighted to be given the chance to go to Worlds. It's just as big a deal to international teams and most go knowing they won't win, but they're there for the experience and to see how high they can place against the best teams around the World. Honestly cheer in the UK has grown hugely since we started sending teams to Worlds on bids, mainly because there's so much drive to push for those new skills to be in with a chance of getting to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are kids who worked their whole year for this..at this point in their life second is their biggest disappointment..I understand the tears...we all have moments where life's disappointments bring us to tears..as adults we realize that this is just one competition and not the end of the world...but to them at this moment it is..I bet there were some moms of the second Place team crying in the crowd as well...they just don't have cameras shoved in their face...someday they will be thankful...today isn't it lol
i saw a pic of Justin and his mom and yes she looked as heartbroken as him.

Last edited:
So, I just watched Orange, I feel it on a spiritual level that some higher power actually pushed that traveling stunt over and that the NCA Curse is in fact real and he came out swinging.

The other two stunts that went down in middle, I feel the same for the first one, not the second stunt. The second stunt I feel came down from simply not being over the 1st fall.

So sad for them </3 My heart is actually broken
and as I wake up, I realize that if not SE for the win, I am happy that Stars won, that opening stunt is so iconic.

Back