All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Triple post, sorry (not enough people awake now to post and provide me with a buffer), but apparently all Top Gun All Stars team made a finals... including their Open Hip Hop team which has had as much bad luck as OO5 in the past.

Also, speaking of Top Gun... I just found out one of their most well-know alumni, Kevin Baron, came out of retirement and is competing with Unity All Stars' Black team!!

Last edited:
SE seriously needs to up their tumbling. You won't be winning with just clean fulls honey. Quantity AND Quality
Didn't they have crazy tumbling at the beginning of the season. If I remember JTV's video, it was crazy, and crazy good. Very clean doubles everywhere.
Must have had a lot of injuries.

ETA: Doesn't CSP do the choreo for both teams?

Still grinning for Staws! That routine always gave me chills. They peaked at just the right time! Good job to them and Panthers for wrestling such difficult routines all season long. Panthers may have fallen short, but I was impressed anyway.

Now, I need Panthers to win next year b/c it's been forever in LAG.

Last edited:
I've been watching every team in the international divisions and I am more convinced then ever that IO4 should be a worlds division. I know we're trying to avoid worlds divisions growing, but the vast majority of those teams shouldn't be twisting their tumbling yet.
If we're going to add XS and have two more divisions we should add IO4 as well.

Is it too much to ask WCSS to bring back Fashionista next season for the 10 year anniversary? A guy can dream....
thought they did a "memoir" routine already . . . altho no Fashionista . . . . but they bring out the best themes . . .for sure

I've been watching every team in the international divisions and I am more convinced then ever that IO4 should be a worlds division. I know we're trying to avoid worlds divisions growing, but the vast majority of those teams shouldn't be twisting their tumbling yet.
Where does that end though? If we get IO4 next we'll want IO3 and so on... I agree that many of the teams who have qualified to finals based on the 3 per country rule aren't ready for level 5, especially in tumbling. Maybe there should be stricter requirements to be awarded a bid. But that said, there were some teams who knew their tumbling wasn't their strong suit and did mostly tucks and layouts, and they're up there in the top 10 scores. The standard grows hugely each year though so that probably won't be the case for long.

I disagree. Worlds is for the elite level teams. I want to assume that the teams from other countries are their elite level teams, even if they dont have level 5 skills.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea, no. And I've been on 2 different Open 4 (it's not IO4) teams. If anything it should be at Summit, which it absolutely should! Worlds is for level 5/6

IOSC 5 Top 3 Scores:
1.) Cheer Athletics - Swooshcats (133.5)
2.) Stingray All Stars - Electric (132.95)
3.) Prodigy All Stars - Blacklight (132.0)

COME ON ELECTRIC, SO CLOSE!! Shock the world one more time. #Rayger
Swoosh still in 1st with a fall! Praying they can pull through tomorrow!!

Back