All-Star Worlds 2018 Updates - Day 3 (monday, Finals)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, I completely understand why a coach would fight for something if they think there's even a slight chance of it getting reversed. Your team has worked so hard all season and even if some people feel very strongly about it, there are others who will call that a bobble. If you have the opportunity to give your team a 0 deduction scoresheet, why not do it? Especially if it's borderline bobble/fall? It may be questionable but I don't see any coach of a team with a potential to medal looking at their seniors on the team performing for the last time, and thinking "Eh I'll just let this one be. Seems like most people think it was a fall."

Question. Twitter is blowing up saying panthers had an illegality. If the bracing flyer lets go of the trick flyer AFTER she is inverted (nearly caught, like .01 second from being caught) is that illegal?
It was confirmed by CA coaches that Panthers have 0 deductions. But yes, that is illegal and what got SSX knocked off the podium last year.

IAG6 FINAL AWARDS:
10. Trailblazer All Stars
9. Dynamite Dragons
8. United Cheer Berlin
7. OC All Stars
6. Dolphins All Stars
5. Cheer Sport Sharks Grey Reefs
4. Gym Tyme Gold
3. GCO
2. Viqueens
1. Flyers

Yeah... i wasn’t mad. I was a little sad just because that’s our gym. I don’t even know what the other team contested.. and we had deductions that we were all given rightfully so, so i was upset that we didn’t put the best possible performance out for judging.. and that comes back all on us.

I do wish for more transparency... my favorite thing ever was years ago when NCA would announce scores like 20 mins after each team perform and had their chance to contest anything. I thought that was going to happen again this year but it didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know. And my best advice is get used to it. And even when your team wins... understand there will be some who are side eyeing the placements. This "sport" needs to change things up because at this point it is clear as mud.

Back