All-Star Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 10, 2017
I know with the Summit bids, they are no longer passing down declined bids. What about Worlds? How are Worlds bids determined?

I know with the Summit bids, they are no longer passing down declined bids. What about Worlds? How are Worlds bids determined?

Paid bids are always passed down. And as long as an at large bid is declined within 72 hours, it's passed down as well. I'm not aware of anything change in regards to that.

If a team take accepts an at large bid and is not able to upgrade to paid, are they agreeing to go on the at large bid or free to change their mind and not attend?

Last edited:
Thanks.

How are Worlds bids determined?

It's up to the EP, but it's usually by score. Open teams are only sometimes eligible for paid bids.

Sometimes they'll say "one paid bid for all girl, one for coed, one AL guaranteed to an open team" etc. NCA has 8 paid bids and they give each division winner in the senior divisions one.

@Ashley Does NCA give paid to International teams also?

If my international you mean international open, then yes, for international 5. International 6 isn't eligible for paid bids.

I forget how they give them out now that there are 9 level 5 divisions instead of 8.

Yes, was asking for International Open 5. Do you know if the division winner already has a paid worlds bid , is the paid bid passed down?

Yes, was asking for International Open 5. Do you know if the division winner already has a paid worlds bid , is the paid bid passed down?

Only the division winner is guaranteed a paid bid. If they have one, then it goes into a general pool across divisions. It's not passed down within the division.

Just F.Y.I., if this ranking system is updated and accurate then the three teams that are up for a full-paid bid under the USASF World Cup Race are as follows:
Step One Allstars - Phenomenal
Midwest Cheer Elite - Femme Feline
Cheer Express - Lady X

This is given that the last two competitions under the Cheer Worlds Cup Race events(One Up Championships and CNY Cheer Co. Spring Classic) don't change the rankings at the top too much.

@Ashley, is this correct?

ETA: Also, I don't get how teams can have cumulative points in the negative range... like how does that even work?

Last edited:
Just F.Y.I., if this ranking system is updated and accurate then the three teams that are up for a full-paid bid under the USASF World Cup Race are as follows:
Step One Allstars - Phenomenal
Midwest Cheer Elite - Femme Feline
Cheer Express - Lady X

This is given that the last two competitions under the Cheer Worlds Cup Race events(One Up Championships and CNY Cheer Co. Spring Classic) don't change the rankings at the top too much.

@Ashley, is this correct?

ETA: Also, I don't get how teams can have cumulative points in the negative range... like how does that even work?

I don't know much about the World Cup Race, TBH. What you said sounds accurate.

How many bid events are left before worlds? And how quickly does USASF usually produce the running order after all the bid events are complete?

How many bid events are left before worlds? And how quickly does USASF usually produce the running order after all the bid events are complete?
One last bid event this weekend - One Up Championships. And I believe @luv2cheer92 mentioned somewhere that the performance order lottery is on the... (I want to say) 13th of this month? It should be a live stream event like last year too... I think.

Back