All-Star Worlds Bracket Contest

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
To make it more interesting than just the top three at Worlds I though about having some different rounds for Worlds this year.

What about picking 3 teams from all divisions with 3 rounds picking 3 teams with at large bids to make the next day?

And then picking on Sunday 3 teams that will make Monday but not get higher than 6th and then the Medal winners?

Suggestions welcome

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

OK, slight change.

Pick 3 teams on at large bids to make it to Sunday from Small Senior and Small coed. Pick 5 teams to make Monday who will not medal. Pick 3 medalists.

Does anyone know what divisions go when and what days?

Here is what I think happens currently:

I know all IO teams compete Saturday to get top 10 for Sunday. Small coed and Small senior do first round qualifiers for JUST un-paid bids. Top 10 move to Sunday.

Large senior has 6 teams that compete Saturday, get reverse order, and all 6 compete Sunday.

Large co-ed competes and just top 10 go to Sunday?

What does medium all girl and coed do? Only at large bids on Saturday?

Also what prize's do people want? I am working on some ideas. The app can be free. Maybe something from someone?

Worlds Madness:

You could "seed" the L5 teams based on scores from NCA or similar (maybe top 32?) and basically make a March Madness type bracket using their score in finals to determine who "won" each matchup. Then you could score it the same way you do a NCAA bracket. (It isn't technically fair to compare scores between divisions at Worlds, but that may be part of the randomness that could make it interesting.)

Option 1: I would just use the NCA rank and seed the top 32 scores of teams that left that weekend with a paid bid. (1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, etc) There are probably teams without paid bids that will possibly finish much higher than some of these teams <<cough SWOOSH cough>>, but this keeps it simple and eliminates doing the math to convert L6 scores.

If a team doesn't make finals, then they automatically "lose" their first round matchup.

Option 2: Allow people to sub in any team that isn't on this list and swap them out for any team they want in the first round. (Maybe make a 3 team limit on how many times you can do that?)
  1. Cheer Athletics PanthersL5 - LSR98.43
  2. Woodlands Elite GeneralsL5 - SSR98.08
  3. Twist and Shout Senior ObsessionL5 - SRMCO96.64
  4. World Cup OdysseyL5 - SRMCO95.91
  5. World Cup SunsL5 - SSR95.76
  6. World Cup Shooting StarsL5 - LSR94.76
  7. Stingray Allstars OrangeL5 - MSR94.65
  8. Ultimate Athletics LegacyL5 - SSR94.59
  9. GymTyme Allstars BlackL5 - IOPENCO94.56
  10. Cheer Extreme Small Senior XL5 - SSR94.56
  11. Cheer Extreme Senior EliteL5 - LSR94.45
  12. Cheer Extreme Coed EliteL5 - SRLCO94.19
  13. Top Gun Allstars Large CoedL5 - SRLCO94.16
  14. Maryland TwistersF5L5 - LSR94.15
  15. California Allstars Cali CoedL5 - SRLCO94.13
  16. California Allstars Lady BulletsL5 - SSR94.09
  17. California Allstars AcesL5 - MSR94.08
  18. Woodlands Elite Black OpsL5 - SRMCO94.05
  19. Spirit of Texas iNastyL5 - IOPENCO94.01
  20. GymTyme Allstars PlatinumL5 - SRMCO93.83
  21. Brandon Allstars Senior BlackL5 - SRSCO93.64
  22. California Allstars Black OpsL5 - SRMCO93.63
  23. Cheer Athletics WildcatsL5 - IOPENCO93.53
  24. East Celebrity EliteC5L5 - SRMCO93.43
  25. California Allstars SmoedL5 - SRSCO93.42
  26. Top Gun AllstarsOO5L5 - IOPENCO93.40
  27. Pacific Coast MagicFantasyL5 - SSR93.32
  28. ACE Cheer CompanyWarriorsL5 - SRLCO92.96
  29. Texas Lonestar Cheer CompanyRedL5 - SRMCO92.77
  30. ACE Cheer CompanyThunderbirdsL5 - SRMCO92.60
  31. Spirit of TexasL5 - SRMCO92.59
  32. Maryland TwistersEclipseL5 - SSR92.38

For option 2 above, you shouldn't be able to change anyone seeding who is on the list, you can simply replace up to 3 teams into the exact same spot on the bracket.

Worlds Madness:

You could "seed" the L5 teams based on scores from NCA or similar (maybe top 32?) and basically make a March Madness type bracket using their score in finals to determine who "won" each matchup. Then you could score it the same way you do a NCAA bracket. (It isn't technically fair to compare scores between divisions at Worlds, but that may be part of the randomness that could make it interesting.)

Option 1: I would just use the NCA rank and seed the top 32 scores of teams that left that weekend with a paid bid. (1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, etc) There are probably teams without paid bids that will possibly finish much higher than some of these teams <<cough SWOOSH cough>>, but this keeps it simple and eliminates doing the math to convert L6 scores.

If a team doesn't make finals, then they automatically "lose" their first round matchup.

Option 2: Allow people to sub in any team that isn't on this list and swap them out for any team they want in the first round. (Maybe make a 3 team limit on how many times you can do that?)
  1. Cheer Athletics PanthersL5 - LSR98.43
  2. Woodlands Elite GeneralsL5 - SSR98.08
  3. Twist and Shout Senior ObsessionL5 - SRMCO96.64
  4. World Cup OdysseyL5 - SRMCO95.91
  5. World Cup SunsL5 - SSR95.76
  6. World Cup Shooting StarsL5 - LSR94.76
  7. Stingray Allstars OrangeL5 - MSR94.65
  8. Ultimate Athletics LegacyL5 - SSR94.59
  9. GymTyme Allstars BlackL5 - IOPENCO94.56
  10. Cheer Extreme Small Senior XL5 - SSR94.56
  11. Cheer Extreme Senior EliteL5 - LSR94.45
  12. Cheer Extreme Coed EliteL5 - SRLCO94.19
  13. Top Gun Allstars Large CoedL5 - SRLCO94.16
  14. Maryland TwistersF5L5 - LSR94.15
  15. California Allstars Cali CoedL5 - SRLCO94.13
  16. California Allstars Lady BulletsL5 - SSR94.09
  17. California Allstars AcesL5 - MSR94.08
  18. Woodlands Elite Black OpsL5 - SRMCO94.05
  19. Spirit of Texas iNastyL5 - IOPENCO94.01
  20. GymTyme Allstars PlatinumL5 - SRMCO93.83
  21. Brandon Allstars Senior BlackL5 - SRSCO93.64
  22. California Allstars Black OpsL5 - SRMCO93.63
  23. Cheer Athletics WildcatsL5 - IOPENCO93.53
  24. East Celebrity EliteC5L5 - SRMCO93.43
  25. California Allstars SmoedL5 - SRSCO93.42
  26. Top Gun AllstarsOO5L5 - IOPENCO93.40
  27. Pacific Coast MagicFantasyL5 - SSR93.32
  28. ACE Cheer CompanyWarriorsL5 - SRLCO92.96
  29. Texas Lonestar Cheer CompanyRedL5 - SRMCO92.77
  30. ACE Cheer CompanyThunderbirdsL5 - SRMCO92.60
  31. Spirit of TexasL5 - SRMCO92.59
  32. Maryland TwistersEclipseL5 - SSR92.38

Could you give a small sample?

The only thing with a true bracket is I don't have an easy way for people to fill one out on here besides making a list. Unless Ashley feels like programming one :)

Ok that wins. That so totally wins.

What are the downsides to letting anyone just fill out there bracket however they want? Do we limit the list to who can be put on the bracket?

You could game it to win the first round easily I guess.

Maybe limit to only paid bids. While Swoosh would be a team that doesn't fit this idea, limiting to only paid bids would make it harder to game the system past the first round.

I'm not 100% positive but I think I remember reading somewhere that medium coed has prelims on Saturday too with small senior and small coed, but I could definitely be imagining things.

Ok that wins. That so totally wins.

What are the downsides to letting anyone just fill out there bracket however they want? Do we limit the list to who can be put on the bracket?

You could game it to win the first round easily I guess.

Maybe limit to only paid bids. While Swoosh would be a team that doesn't fit this idea, limiting to only paid bids would make it harder to game the system past the first round.

I'm not sure. I actually am swamped today, so maybe you could take the idea & site and run with it? I'm not sure of it's capabilities, but I'm open to whatever. I like the idea of forcing most of the bracket to be as is, but I don't know how to monitor that. There are a few teams that are better than their rank would suggest on that list, and there are some teams that aren't even on there that could end up among the top scores of the entire day. (2-3 of our teams come to mind quickly - but I am WAY biased) Like you said, if you let people put whomever they want wherever, then you could game it too easily.

You could make this a 64 team bracket and make those 32 teams (which are already ranked) one of the teams in each of the first round matchups, allow for 32 wildcard teams (one in each initial matchup) that can be distributed throughout the bracket. Put a limit on the number of teams that people can pick from each bid category as wildcards (ex. 10 must be remaining full paids, 20 must be at large and 2 partial) and say that the #32-#23 seed must face one of the full paid wildcards, #22-#20 must face a partial and #19-#1 must face an at-large....You can game the system a little in the first round but it allows for some teams to be included that rightfully should be

....please tell me that didn't only make sense in my head

This is just based on score, correct? The only thing I don't love is teams from different divisions being seeded against each other. Some divisions will just score higher than others.

This is just based on score, correct? The only thing I don't love is teams from different divisions being seeded against each other. Some divisions will just score higher than others.

yes, and if everyone has the same seeding i see a lot of VERY similar brackets happening. I think this is a good idea but needs some fleshing out.

I really like the idea of somehow picking at large bid teams that are going to make day 2 instead of just winners. I think it will bring a very fun dimension to it to pick teams that may be enjoyable and fun, but not quite there with winning a medal.

It's an amazing idea. Definitely just some minor details to iron out. There are some at large teams, especially in Level 6 that are going to end up in the Top 3 that need to be included, unless we're just doing 1-5.
Or maybe instead of doing one big bracket, have it sectioned out (like the regions) and have it be by division. Easily there are 16 teams in each division. Then we can pick a "grand champ" in case of a tie?

Back