All-Star Worlds Bracket Contest

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This sounds like a great idea but I think it keeps a regular person who doesn't follow worlds as closely besides watching all the good teams from even trying to pick teams.

^^a person like this probably wouldn't win anyways so no big deal

But it definitely will cut out some people from taking part! I for one see how many questions are always asked in the worlds threads because people don't understand how it works from day 1 to day 2... That's all I'm thinking about with people selecting winners in this!!

This sounds like a great idea but I think it keeps a regular person who doesn't follow worlds as closely besides watching all the good teams from even trying to pick teams.

^^a person like this probably wouldn't win anyways so no big deal

But it definitely will cut out some people from taking part! I for one see how many questions are always asked in the worlds threads because people don't understand how it works from day 1 to day 2... That's all I'm thinking about with people selecting winners in this!!

Well with theroadtoworlds.com providing all the teams I think it will at least make it easier. I agree it isn't perfect and would love a list that is easy to just pick a winner, but I don't quite know how teams compete against each other yet.

Worlds Madness:

You could "seed" the L5 teams based on scores from NCA or similar (maybe top 32?) and basically make a March Madness type bracket using their score in finals to determine who "won" each matchup. Then you could score it the same way you do a NCAA bracket. (It isn't technically fair to compare scores between divisions at Worlds, but that may be part of the randomness that could make it interesting.)

Option 1: I would just use the NCA rank and seed the top 32 scores of teams that left that weekend with a paid bid. (1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, etc) There are probably teams without paid bids that will possibly finish much higher than some of these teams <<cough SWOOSH cough>>, but this keeps it simple and eliminates doing the math to convert L6 scores.

If a team doesn't make finals, then they automatically "lose" their first round matchup.

Option 2: Allow people to sub in any team that isn't on this list and swap them out for any team they want in the first round. (Maybe make a 3 team limit on how many times you can do that?)
  1. Cheer Athletics PanthersL5 - LSR98.43
  2. Woodlands Elite GeneralsL5 - SSR98.08
  3. Twist and Shout Senior ObsessionL5 - SRMCO96.64
  4. World Cup OdysseyL5 - SRMCO95.91
  5. World Cup SunsL5 - SSR95.76
  6. World Cup Shooting StarsL5 - LSR94.76
  7. Stingray Allstars OrangeL5 - MSR94.65
  8. Ultimate Athletics LegacyL5 - SSR94.59
  9. GymTyme Allstars BlackL5 - IOPENCO94.56
  10. Cheer Extreme Small Senior XL5 - SSR94.56
  11. Cheer Extreme Senior EliteL5 - LSR94.45
  12. Cheer Extreme Coed EliteL5 - SRLCO94.19
  13. Top Gun Allstars Large CoedL5 - SRLCO94.16
  14. Maryland TwistersF5L5 - LSR94.15
  15. California Allstars Cali CoedL5 - SRLCO94.13
  16. California Allstars Lady BulletsL5 - SSR94.09
  17. California Allstars AcesL5 - MSR94.08
  18. Woodlands Elite Black OpsL5 - SRMCO94.05
  19. Spirit of Texas iNastyL5 - IOPENCO94.01
  20. GymTyme Allstars PlatinumL5 - SRMCO93.83
  21. Brandon Allstars Senior BlackL5 - SRSCO93.64
  22. California Allstars Black OpsL5 - SRMCO93.63
  23. Cheer Athletics WildcatsL5 - IOPENCO93.53
  24. East Celebrity EliteC5L5 - SRMCO93.43
  25. California Allstars SmoedL5 - SRSCO93.42
  26. Top Gun AllstarsOO5L5 - IOPENCO93.40
  27. Pacific Coast MagicFantasyL5 - SSR93.32
  28. ACE Cheer CompanyWarriorsL5 - SRLCO92.96
  29. Texas Lonestar Cheer CompanyRedL5 - SRMCO92.77
  30. ACE Cheer CompanyThunderbirdsL5 - SRMCO92.60
  31. Spirit of TexasL5 - SRMCO92.59
  32. Maryland TwistersEclipseL5 - SSR92.38

I like the fact that you can just whip out the scores from NCA at the snap of the keyboard.. lol

:shimmy:

Ok here is my current favorite idea (because I cannot come up with, for the life of me, the best way to use a bracket).

We are looking for 3 winners for each bracket. All girl winner, Coed winner, and Medium winner.

Label each bracket at the top (All Girl, Medium, and Coed).

For all girl and coed

In small
pick 5 teams on Saturday that will make Sunday. (1 point each correct pick)
Pick 5 teams on Sunday that will make Monday but will not medal. (2 points each correct pick)
Pick your medal winners. (5 points for first, 3 for second, 2 for 3rd, 1 point for each pick where placement is wrong but picked a team. )
In large
pick 1st - 5th (3 points for each pick in correct place)

For Medium
Does medium have just at larges compete on Saturday? This is the only round IDK how to do yet.
Pick 5 teams on Sunday that will make Monday but will not medal. (2 points each correct pick)
Pick your medal winners. (5 points for first, 3 for second, 2 for 3rd, 1 point for each pick where placement is wrong but picked a team.)

Tie Breaker for all
Pick medal winners for
IOC/IO 5/6

Prize pack is currently - Nfinity Backpack, The Fierce Board App, Get to be a National Champion (no ads and you can upload pics from your phone). Trying to think of some other things.

Love the prizes but I'm a little confused. So the allgirl would be just small and large and the coed would be just small and large. And then the medium would be both coed and allgirl correct?

Love the prizes but I'm a little confused. So the allgirl would be just small and large and the coed would be just small and large. And then the medium would be both coed and allgirl correct?

Yep. So three brackets. You can enter all of them but can only win once.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Well with theroadtoworlds.com providing all the teams I think it will at least make it easier. I agree it isn't perfect and would love a list that is easy to just pick a winner, but I don't quite know how teams compete against each other yet.
theroadtoworlds.com leaves out MANY international teams with partial paid/at large bids. In fact, the only Canadian team I saw on the bid list was VAS Ice Queens.

theroadtoworlds.com leaves out MANY international teams with partial paid/at large bids. In fact, the only Canadian team I saw on the bid list was VAS Ice Queens.

yes the IO divisions we would only be doing US teams unless someone wants to help Ashley update it

yes the IO divisions we would only be doing US teams unless someone wants to help Ashley update it
If Ashley wants to update the site, there is a list of all Canadian teams that have received a bid, and what type of bid in the "Oh Canada" thread in the International section. But she seems very busy right now and IO isnt a main bracket so its understandable to stick with only USA teams

If Ashley wants to update the site, there is a list of all Canadian teams that have received a bid, and what type of bid in the "Oh Canada" thread in the International section. But she seems very busy right now and IO isnt a main bracket so its understandable to stick with only USA teams

I think it's actually quite easy to update the site yourself if you fancy it :)

Worlds Madness:

You could "seed" the L5 teams based on scores from NCA or similar (maybe top 32?) and basically make a March Madness type bracket using their score in finals to determine who "won" each matchup. Then you could score it the same way you do a NCAA bracket. (It isn't technically fair to compare scores between divisions at Worlds, but that may be part of the randomness that could make it interesting.)

Option 1: I would just use the NCA rank and seed the top 32 scores of teams that left that weekend with a paid bid. (1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, etc) There are probably teams without paid bids that will possibly finish much higher than some of these teams <<cough SWOOSH cough>>, but this keeps it simple and eliminates doing the math to convert L6 scores.

If a team doesn't make finals, then they automatically "lose" their first round matchup.

Option 2: Allow people to sub in any team that isn't on this list and swap them out for any team they want in the first round. (Maybe make a 3 team limit on how many times you can do that?)
  1. Cheer Athletics PanthersL5 - LSR98.43
  2. Woodlands Elite GeneralsL5 - SSR98.08
  3. Twist and Shout Senior ObsessionL5 - SRMCO96.64
  4. World Cup OdysseyL5 - SRMCO95.91
  5. World Cup SunsL5 - SSR95.76
  6. World Cup Shooting StarsL5 - LSR94.76
  7. Stingray Allstars OrangeL5 - MSR94.65
  8. Ultimate Athletics LegacyL5 - SSR94.59
  9. GymTyme Allstars BlackL5 - IOPENCO94.56
  10. Cheer Extreme Small Senior XL5 - SSR94.56
  11. Cheer Extreme Senior EliteL5 - LSR94.45
  12. Cheer Extreme Coed EliteL5 - SRLCO94.19
  13. Top Gun Allstars Large CoedL5 - SRLCO94.16
  14. Maryland TwistersF5L5 - LSR94.15
  15. California Allstars Cali CoedL5 - SRLCO94.13
  16. California Allstars Lady BulletsL5 - SSR94.09
  17. California Allstars AcesL5 - MSR94.08
  18. Woodlands Elite Black OpsL5 - SRMCO94.05
  19. Spirit of Texas iNastyL5 - IOPENCO94.01
  20. GymTyme Allstars PlatinumL5 - SRMCO93.83
  21. Brandon Allstars Senior BlackL5 - SRSCO93.64
  22. California Allstars Black OpsL5 - SRMCO93.63
  23. Cheer Athletics WildcatsL5 - IOPENCO93.53
  24. East Celebrity EliteC5L5 - SRMCO93.43
  25. California Allstars SmoedL5 - SRSCO93.42
  26. Top Gun AllstarsOO5L5 - IOPENCO93.40
  27. Pacific Coast MagicFantasyL5 - SSR93.32
  28. ACE Cheer CompanyWarriorsL5 - SRLCO92.96
  29. Texas Lonestar Cheer CompanyRedL5 - SRMCO92.77
  30. ACE Cheer CompanyThunderbirdsL5 - SRMCO92.60
  31. Spirit of TexasL5 - SRMCO92.59
  32. Maryland TwistersEclipseL5 - SSR92.38

Is this just a list of your picks? Or teams with paid bids? Because I know Orlando Allstar Royals hadba score if 93.01 in the SSrCoed division at NCA this year.

Canadian teams are difficult because we don't have the competitions in the system. So for the most part, I'm the only one that can add them. I'm at a competition this weekend but can try and do so on Monday. I have a bunch of the UK teams listed.

Back