All-Star Worlds Bracket Contest

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
@Ashley and I are working to create a Worlds Bracket contest that is a lot more automatic and scored over our current post solution. It will be powered off the Road To Worlds database and allow it to be more intricate. SO, that being said, I want to suggest how the game would work (or how I think it would work) and you all give feedback on if that sounds like fun, too complicated, too simple, boring.

We are going to have 2 winners this year: a coed winner and an all girl winner. Because the size of each version of the teams is quite similar (the smalls look similar, the mediums look similar, and the larges look similar) in makeup, number of teams, and how they operate this makes the most send to me. You can enter both!

Picks Saturday - Users will pick the top 10 for small and medium divisions. They will get 1 point each for each correct team in the top 10. Order does not matter. These are all at large bids.

Picks Sunday - You pick the top 5 for the Large Division (this is finals). You get 1 point for first, 2 for second, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th. You will pick the top 10 for the small and medium divisions (these are a mixture of the paid bids and the 10 from the day before). You will get 2 points for picking first, 4 for picking second, 6 for picking 3rd, 6 for picking 4th correctly, 2 for fifth correctly. You will get one point for each team you get correctly in the top 10 and 2 points for the right place.

Picks Monday - You will pick the top 10 for the small and medium divisions. You will get 2 points for picking first, 4 for picking second, 6 for picking 3rd, 6 for picking 4th correctly, 2 for fifth correctly. You will get one point for each team you get correctly in the top 10 and 2 points for the right place.

Tie Breaker - You pick the top 5 for international coed or all girl depending on your bracket for both level 5 and 6.

There are plenty of teams I am sure everyone is unaware of, but because the software is pulling from the RTW database it will autocomplete names and help you pick suggestions (it is REALLY cool). You wont have to do any math at all and we will have a running tally as the contest goes on.

What do you all like / dont like? Too complicated? I wanted it to be a bit more strategy than picking the winner of large senior (which will obviously be Orange #biased :) ).

King likes to keep suggesting things that make way more work for me :p

Practically speaking, do people really care about picking the winners of prelims day? Is it too complicated? Do we want to limit it to finals?

Practically speaking, do people really care about picking the winners of prelims day? Is it too complicated? Do we want to limit it to finals?
I like it because it gives me a reason to watch some teams that I may otherwise not. But I wouldn't be upset if it was just limited to finals.
As long as I win grand champ again, I don't care :p

Last edited:
Are we getting points for top 10 in small and medium twice? Since we get 1 point for each team correctly top 10 on Sunday and Monday, but the top 10 on Sunday are the only ones who compete Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's kinda fun to pick the teams from the prelims day.

I want to make this feel like the NCAA basketball bracket. Lots of people can actually get teams 1-3 correct (it is rare there is a sleeper in there.. minus Black Ops winning which was awesome!) but finding those first rounders and following I think make it WAY more interesting. It is also why I like giving more points for getting 3rd over 1st. Most people could pick 1st more often than 3rd. And then this whole thing gets more strategy and fun.

I can't seem to find it?

There's really nothing out yet. Prelims for small/medium senior/coed are on Saturday, as are semi's for large senior/coed and us/canadian trials. Sunday is Finals for large senior/coed and Semis for everyone else. Monday is finals.

It's in the worlds packet, but that's the extent of what we know so far.

I can't seem to find it?
There's really nothing out yet. Prelims for small/medium senior/coed are on Saturday, as are semi's for large senior/coed and us/canadian trials. Sunday is Finals for large senior/coed and Semis for everyone else. Monday is finals.

It's in the worlds packet, but that's the extent of what we know so far.

Yes, that is what I meant. Just the general overall plan.

Back