All-Star Worlds Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 24, 2010
How much will Worlds cost for you? Whether you're going on Paid, Partial, or At Large?
Including travel, hotel, etc...
Just Wondering.

Reds paid bid covered our flight and entry fees.

Our hotel is $95 a night but were splitting it for 4 nights for $190
and were renting a car for $7 a day so around $30
Plus my moms flight was $390 roundtrip

So about $600 before food and shopping :)

I am curious how the cost of Worlds compares to the cost of attending NCA or CHEERSPORT, for those that take teams to both. My thought is that Worlds is dramatically more expensive than either of these - however, it would be nice to hear from someone who regularly does both.

I am curious how the cost of Worlds compares to the cost of attending NCA or CHEERSPORT, for those that take teams to both. My thought is that Worlds is dramatically more expensive than either of these - however, it would be nice to hear from someone who regularly does both.

For our open team Worlds will be $265 entry and then renting a condo or two for the athletes (I think they all pool their money and end up paying about $30 or $40 for the weekend). They also drive or caravan down (we are lucky that we aren't that far away). Right now plane tickets can range anywhere from 200 on Wednesday to 500/600 leaving on Thursday. Add in staying at at the allstar or carribean (which is around $500) and paid bids end up making it a bit more expensive than just driving and crashing in a condo. Plane tickets are a good bit cheaper if bought earlier, but that also directly correlates to how early you win your bid. As well certain divisions have to be in earlier to compete on Friday as well. I have often found it, for our area, not to be very cost affective to win a baid bid (believe it or not) but very prestigious.

For those of you who don't stay at the All Star Resort, what hotel do you stay at and how do you get to each of the venues?

For our open team Worlds will be $265 entry and then renting a condo or two for the athletes (I think they all pool their money and end up paying about $30 or $40 for the weekend). They also drive or caravan down (we are lucky that we aren't that far away). Right now plane tickets can range anywhere from 200 on Wednesday to 500/600 leaving on Thursday. Add in staying at at the allstar or carribean (which is around $500) and paid bids end up making it a bit more expensive than just driving and crashing in a condo. Plane tickets are a good bit cheaper if bought earlier, but that also directly correlates to how early you win your bid. As well certain divisions have to be in earlier to compete on Friday as well. I have often found it, for our area, not to be very cost affective to win a baid bid (believe it or not) but very prestigious.

With teams performing on friday now, a huge benefit that I hear from people is being able to go straight to Sat. They are willing to spend more chasing that paid in hopes of getting one. Not saying its good, just sayin its being done

For us, and probably other teams who live in our area (central florida) - for at large bids - we pay the 265.00 entry fee - and basically do the same thing - will usually stay off site - can rent condo's within a short driving distance (within 2-3 miles) from Wide World of Sports and the cost is not too much when split among the girls - some condos hold 8-12 people.
The girls will carpool to the venue since the girls that drive will have their cars. They keep them together as a team from Fri-Sun. They will need money for food, etc. So for us we pay about 400.00 - Would obviously love to have a paid bid - :) but this is a rough cost for an at large for us. It may be slightly higher for teams that live farther away in Florida, or ones that stay on Disney property if they buy the package.

We have two level 6 teams going and we have the option of staying at Disney on the package or making our own arrangements. I think most of the people are getting condos of some sort (so probably less than $100), but a few of us are staying at all-star. We had a few people drive last year, but that takes almost two days from Massachusetts, so flying is pretty unavoidable.

$560 for the Disney package
$350 airfare

I'm looking at over $1000. My boyfriend considered coming, but I told him I'd rather him not spend $1000 just to follow me around all weekend.

What are some good condos to stay at near Wide World of Sports?

A few girls on one of our open teams rented a condo from GreatAmericanVacations.com. I don't know how close it is to WWOS, you'll definitely have to rent a car.

Back