All-Star World's Dj And Dance Party Cancelled?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

allstar87 said:
i dont get why they would cancel the whole thing. why not just raise the age minimum or something.

12 is the minimum worlds age. If they said you have to be 16 to go to the block party, only certain members of teams could attend. Seems a little unfair since it's a team sport.

true, it just seems like a good way to unstress after the competition.
honestly, bad things are gonna happen everywhere you go, as long as you trust your kids it shouldn't be a problem.
it just doesn't seem fair to the well-behaved kids who enjoy the block party.

So are they refunding the tickets that people bought for the block party? I paid extra for the ticket which could be spend elsewhere if there isn't one..

I don't see them refunding because they are still keeping the park open to ride the rides which means it is still costing disney for the use of the park.

I don't even want to get started on underage drinking at worlds. I am just waiting for Disney and the USASF to crack down more on it.

After watching that video I feel ill. I know it happens so I can't pretend that it doesn't, but those are underage athletes grinding on each other on a video that is public on youtube. Smart move there...smart smart move.

Well we already paid for the park passes so that's already included, but the block party was extra, so at least refund that

people are complaining that the 12 yr old are going to be exposed to all of this.
Well, if you want your junior aged athlete on a senior team, that what your going to get, and you have to know that. Like, even at practices, and long days of competitions the older athletes talk about all sooorts of stuff parents wouldnt want their younger kids to hear about, thats the price you pay for having your 12 yr old on a sr team

12 is the minimum worlds age. If they said you have to be 16 to go to the block party, only certain members of teams could attend. Seems a little unfair since it's a team sport.
I always thought they had the right mix of entertainment for the kids at the same park. The younger ones like to run around and ride the rides over and over. The older kids preferred a more relaxed atmosphere where they could just hang out and dance and socialize together. Let's face it, there is a huge maturity gap between 12 and 18. I think the dance and rides were a good combination to offer. Too bad a few kids had to ruin it for everyone else. I feel bad for the kids who when they think of world's.... they think... #1 winning..... #2 block party. Cheer up...i'm sure someone might sneek a radio into hollywood studio's. This reminds me of the movie footloose. Absolutely NO DANCING ALLOWED! lol

Well we already paid for the park passes so that's already included, but the block party was extra, so at least refund that

Your park passes from what I understand are for during the day. They are keeping the park open after hours for athletes. That cost Disney extra money to run the rides and pay the employees.

Have they officially announced this? Surely they shouldn't have advertised it as the 'block party', had people pay for this (I only received my invoice 2 days ago!) then turn around and not have what was advertised...Worlds has already cost me thousands of $, I do't want to be sending my savings down the drain!

lol its nothing new. i remember awkwardly booty shaking and grinding when I was 13. And i'm 21 now.
Me too..I remember thinking I was all 'cool', 'sexy' and 'fierce.' (At the bright and shining ages of 13-17) Watching someone else do it reminds me of how awkward it actually is to witness it lol

Your park passes from what I understand are for during the day. They are keeping the park open after hours for athletes. That cost Disney extra money to run the rides and pay the employees.

its opened for like an extra 2 hours, 4 hours max. the employees definately don't get paid 30$ an hour, and think about how many ppl have paid part of it, just part of the worlds package, theyve made mad profit just off one division of the extra 30$ or w/e it is and had it for decoration and dj and stuff. i want my money back.

I didnt go last year because it was raining cats and dogs! But i went to the GK party Sunday night and literally had SOOO much fun. But this year there can be a party in my roomm :)

Back