All-Star World's Dj And Dance Party Cancelled?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm just going to wager that if you're going to organize a non-sanctioned gathering of an extremely large group of people after-hours in a family theme park, during which events of a 'disturbing the peace' nature might take place...it MIGHT not be a good idea to post about it in a public forum where tons of a adults who have the power to stop it/watch out for it could get a heads up.

I take it none of you are Slytherins. Shameful.

Kind of like when people announce publically they are going to partake in underage drinking. smart one people really smart.

If the USASF and Disney decided to cancel this do people not think they would break one up if you decide to form your own in their parking lot?
I'm just waiting for an athlete or athletes to get caught doing something they shouldn't at worlds so it will open people's eyes to see that they aren't playing when they say DON'T DO IT.

I would say that if ACEDAD confirmed it then I would believe it but I also can't read sarcasm online very well so he could be joking since it is still on the schedule.

The Hollywood Block Party is NOT cancelled. But there will NOT be a DJ. What I posted on the first page is accurate.

The park will still be open and they are going to have additional rides since the organized dance party won't happen. But the park will be playing top 40, so if you want to dance in the street, you are more than welcome to do so.

I cannot believe how much bizarre speculation and complaints can happen in such a short time.

I knew I had read it somewhere.

From "World's Insider Guide" published back in Feb by USASF Parent Action Committee.

In the past some families find the Block Party not appropriate for younger

children. The party is carefully planned, and to alleviate concern there is no

longer dancing or a DJ, additional ride(s) will be open and Disney® security

increased. This is a party catered to The Worlds™’ athletes. Everyone was

friendly etc., but the number of teenagers and young adults doesn’t always

work for younger kids. Older kids usually have a blast, but either can enjoy

it if chaperoned

The Hollywood Block Party is NOT cancelled. But there will NOT be a DJ. What I posted on the first page is accurate.

The park will still be open and they are going to have additional rides since the organized dance party won't happen. But the park will be playing top 40, so if you want to dance in the street, you are more than welcome to do so.

I cannot believe how much bizarre speculation and complaints can happen in such a short time.

Thank you for clearing that up ACEDAD always coming to the rescue.

I just find it amusing that people try to act like they have never seen this type of dancing.
helloooo open your eyes and look at what society we live in today! This is NOTHING new.
It's simple, if you don't want your 12 year old child going or being exposed to this then DONT send them.
or maybe get one of those leashes for kids. Justtt saying! We all just want to dance and have fun. People make stupid decisions all the time, but most of the people at this block party did nothing wrong.

The "No DJ" thing is so much better compared to the Block Party at UCA (I think it was in 2008) that was held at Animal Kingdom..Not. Fun.

I just find it amusing that people try to act like they have never seen this type of dancing.
helloooo open your eyes and look at what society we live in today! This is NOTHING new.
It's simple, if you don't want your 12 year old child going or being exposed to this then DONT send them.
or maybe get one of those leashes for kids. Justtt saying! We all just want to dance and have fun. People make stupid decisions all the time, but most of the people at this block party did nothing wrong.

when i was 12 years old my school dances looked like that so i feel like most 12 yr olds have seen stuff like this already

when i was 12 years old my school dances looked like that so i feel like most 12 yr olds have seen stuff like this already
My kid just said the same thing to me about school dances, lol....I wonder how the dancer's feel? It's their world championship's too..... the dance party is cancelled for them also. Everything will be okay, no matter what you will have fun. Brush up on your top 40's music! This could get interesting.

I feel like if this were handled as a high school prom/football game everybody would be fine. At the entrance, you were bag checked and body wanded to make sure you weren't carrying alcohol/ anything else bad. It is at the discretion of the gate people to not allow entrance to those who they believe have been drinking. Once you leave there is NO reentry. Then you need a lot of chaparones/ employees to make sure everybody behaves. As much as I really hate to say it, a lot of 12 year olds know what grinding is, even if it's only because they see the 8th graders do it at their school dance. I also wonder if like @ztaprincess said, attempts will be broken up, inside the park, or elsewhere on Disney property

I'd like to point out that my high school dances are a LOT less tame than that, and almost no supervision, and I go to a fairly decent high school. Teenagers are going to do what teenagers are going to do, and props to USASF or Disney or whoever canceled it for making an effort, but the underage drinking will continue, the fights will continue, all this trashy behaviour will continue, just not in the same location.

Back