All-Star Worlds Largest Spring Floor?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They put the finishing touches on the floor tonight. I'll get a picture tomorrow and some stats (square feet, number of springs, boards, mats used). I also contacted Guinness book of world records today. Well see if we get in!
Total square footage?

I think we calculated around 18200

So it is basically 8 floors worth... Wow.

I'll double check my number tomorrow. Definite 6 full floors marked. Then buffer space at the edge of floors for runoff. Then extra mats in between Floors to teach tumbling classes, and also ones that lead into the tumbling pit. It really is wall to wall spring floor.

I'll double check my number tomorrow. Definite 6 full floors marked. Then buffer space at the edge of floors for runoff. Then extra mats in between Floors to teach tumbling classes, and also ones that lead into the tumbling pit. It really is wall to wall spring floor.

8 floors worth seems believable to me just eyeballing the extra floor surrounding the six and up the middle

Vacuuming takes place pretty much every day.... Just go for however much time you have till classes start, then pick up wherever you left off the next day!

What happens with noise levels? Does each floor have a music system? Do you have to take turns playing music? I can imagine before a major comp, everyone running full outs at the same time...

What happens with noise levels? Does each floor have a music system? Do you have to take turns playing music? I can imagine before a major comp, everyone running full outs at the same time...

You get really used to dealing with a loud environment. Hah.

I heard roger speak at Dallas, and he said at best it seemed like well controlled chaos, and in national seasons with extra practices and tumbling classes it would get super crazy as far as to who was going when and where and watching out for the tumblers.
Do you think the mats between the floor are helping crowd control issues kingston ?

Semi controlled chaos is really the only way to describe it... There are only ever coaches and athletes in the gym so generally people are in their own "area" so to speak but the problem is that all of the "areas" are right on top of each other and they are all jam packed full! We are doing a good job of utilizing all of our space and honestly small walkways and a loud gym are a small price to pay for the fact that we are able to keep that huge gym filled up! Anyone who is interested is more than welcome to stop by and check it out any time!

It was definitely worse in the facility before this one. Smaller gym, less parking, LOTS of people. The new gym is SO much better.

Back