All-Star Worlds Lottery.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to disagree with you - but why does it have to be a relaxed social environment? This it their biggest event of the year.. I know they are busy, etc... but if they want transparency and want to be taken seriously as an organization I just don't see where a little bit of professionalism is a bad thing? I appreciated the live feed. I enjoyed it. It just seems like they could prepare a time to do the lottery without it having to be considered a social event -like I said some wont be bothered by it - but some will - I think in most situations when dealing with the public you present yourself and organization in the best way.

Because they're picking numbers out of a hat. If its not a social even then who would come watch something like that? I can't even believe they broadcast it, I could write a program in 5 minutes that would randomly assign an order - I could probably do it all in excel!

Instead they decided to make an event out of it, entertain a few industry professionals and have some fun.

I just really have a hard time understanding why the selecting of the performance order is such a big deal. Every other competition all year has the EP posting the schedule online a few days before hand and no one complains about that.

I hope they don't broadcast it next year. Then they could save themselves some money and avoid all the complaints about "professionalism."

Of course then all the conspiracy theories would start up again.

Not to disagree with you - but why does it have to be a relaxed social environment? This it their biggest event of the year.. I know they are busy, etc... but if they want transparency and want to be taken seriously as an organization I just don't see where a little bit of professionalism is a bad thing? I appreciated the live feed. I enjoyed it. It just seems like they could prepare a time to do the lottery without it having to be considered a social event -like I said some wont be bothered by it - but some will - I think in most situations when dealing with the public you present yourself and organization in the best way.

I think "we" are the ones crying out for transparency, pretty sure it is not a priority of USASF based on recent events. I don't really have strong feelings on the drinking as I to have attended many professional events where drinks were available (I was in the engineering business for many years and my husband still is, so in general not a real party crowd LOL). I do feel that us being "hyper" critical on the board of what is a very "casual/relaxed" event for them will only result in the cameras going away. Did you witness drinking on camera? I very well may have missed that, but would agree they should avoid that.

I did not watch it. I saw the drunk tweets. Transparancy is awesome. I also like professionalism. I have to laugh, on one hand, we've got the anti-theatrical, anti-crop and "appropriate dress/sportsmanship" guidelines coming out, and in my opinion, not drinking on a public feed falls within that same category. It just makes me chuckle. :p

I think "we" are the ones crying out for transparency, pretty sure it is not a priority of USASF based on recent events. I don't really have strong feelings on the drinking as I to have attended many professional events where drinks were available (I was in the engineering business for many years and my husband still is, so in general not a real party crowd LOL). I do feel that us being "hyper" critical on the board of what is a very "casual/relaxed" event for them will only result in the cameras going away. Did you witness drinking on camera? I very well may have missed that, but would agree they should avoid that.
Yes I saw the drinking. That is all I am referring to ..is what was shown on camera in that instance. A beer sitting on the lottery machine then being consumed while the camera was on.. right before the actual numbers were drawn. But the camera was on. I am not trying to be the spokesperson lol for or against alcohol ...just what was shown and felt maybe it shouldn't have been. But that's my opinion and others disagree about the way the lottery is set up and that is fine. :)

Yes I saw the drinking. That is all I am referring to ..is what was shown on camera in that instance. A beer sitting on the lottery machine then being consumed while the camera was on.. right before the actual numbers were drawn. But the camera was on. I am not trying to be the spokesperson lol for or against alcohol ...just what was shown and felt maybe it shouldn't have been. But that's my opinion and others disagree about the way the lottery is set up and that is fine. :)
You saw someone take a sip of a beer? Thats what I saw, I didn't see the "drinking". If they were up there doing "upside downers" then you might have a case. It was a casual event, dinner and cocktails, as most companies do when the host events when the children aren't there and sometimes when they are! GASP! This is a very normal practice for almost all organizations, with the exception of AA meetings.

Some of you are making a mountain out of a molehill. WHO CARES! Next year let them do it all the same way but with no webcast....problem solved! Have a kegger all day!

There is alot I can criticize USASF for, but for this one, I would like to thank them for doing it FOR FREE, live online and giving us the satisfaction that the order of performance was really the luck of the draw!

I did not watch it. I saw the drunk tweets. Transparancy is awesome. I also like professionalism. I have to laugh, on one hand, we've got the anti-theatrical, anti-crop and "appropriate dress/sportsmanship" guidelines coming out, and in my opinion, not drinking on a public feed falls within that same category. It just makes me chuckle. :p

Yeah I have no problems with adults drinking, hey it is perfectly legal, BUT when they are trying to clean up this sport they are holding a webcasted event while announcing they are drinking. It it sort of odd. No super theatrical boys or girls in crop tops running around but let us all run around intoxicated.
Let them drink, but if they are going to announce it then be prepared for people to laugh and assume someone is drunk when they mess things up the way that woman was. I still think that if she was that messy with it then someone should have taken over for her. People were upset that people questioned if the announcer was indeed drunk, had I not know that she wasn't from the US I would think 100% that she had too much to drink (heck at first I did think she was).

Yeah I have no problems with adults drinking, hey it is perfectly legal, BUT when they are trying to clean up this sport they are holding a webcasted event while announcing they are drinking. It it sort of odd. No super theatrical boys or girls in crop tops running around but let us all run around intoxicated.
Let them drink, but if they are going to announce it then be prepared for people to laugh and assume someone is drunk when they mess things up the way that woman was. I still think that if she was that messy with it then someone should have taken over for her. People were upset that people questioned if the announcer was indeed drunk, had I not know that she wasn't from the US I would think 100% that she had too much to drink (heck at first I did think she was).

Sorry...hit reply too fast on phone..lol.. that is my point. I am not against adults drinking ..have at it. Just didn't think it appropriate in this situation in a public event that was broadcast and seen on camera..and I have also stated this is my opinion. And I am done commenting on this :)

Now everyone knows she wasn't drunk, and she was not from the US......So now what? What do you call her now or blame her lack of professionalism on? She made mistakes, but nothing to be so upset about. It happens, we're human. Give the chick a break.

I really don't mean to be such in pita, but I really do think some of you have to chill out and just roll with life. There are so many things to be bothered by. Much more important things, and this is so far down my list I find it ridiculous that it's even an issue. But that's just me.

Now everyone knows she wasn't drunk, and she was not from the US......So now what? What do you call her now or blame her lack of professionalism on? She made mistakes, but nothing to be so upset about. It happens, we're human. Give the chick a break.

I really don't mean to be such in pita, but I really do think some of you have to chill out and just roll with life. There are so many things to be bothered by. Much more important things, and this is so far down my list I find it ridiculous that it's even an issue. But that's just me.

People are giving the woman a break because now we understand the situation. That is the thing about life, you can only go off of what you know but when you gain information it can change things. I still think that if she was having so much trouble someone should have stepped in and taken over for her, but I understand that she is human and was just having a hard time. Had people been made to pay for last night it would be a completely different argument.

If people believe drinking shouldn't have happened when a camera is around then they can have that opinion, it doesn't mean they are a prude or ridiculous. It is no different then people saying that at a competition coaches shouldn't be out drinking after prelims. People are allowed opinions.

People are giving the woman a break because now we understand the situation. That is the thing about life, you can only go off of what you know but when you gain information it can change things. I still think that if she was having so much trouble someone should have stepped in and taken over for her, but I understand that she is human and was just having a hard time. Had people been made to pay for last night it would be a completely different argument.

If people believe drinking shouldn't have happened when a camera is around then they can have that opinion, it doesn't mean they are a prude or ridiculous. It is no different then people saying that at a competition coaches shouldn't be out drinking after prelims. People are allowed opinions.
True, but some weren't going off of what they "knew", it was an assumption because of a sip of beer being noticed before it even started. That to me is jumping to conclusions before you know pretty much anything about the situation. And to put assumptions as truths on the internet is just not the right or fair thing to do to a person, IMO. I guess that's my issue.

It is no different then people saying that at a competition coaches shouldn't be out drinking after prelims. People are allowed opinions.

Wait people really think that? If you see someone at All-Star with shifty eyes sipping out of their Disney cup checking to see who's looking at them, it's probably me, hiding my margarita. People are gonna think I'm an alcoholic or something.

I don't care if the attendees were dead drunk shimmying around in crop tops and 4 inch bows, but all I am saying is keep the alcohol out of the camera view. Drink away off camera.
Did they know they were on camera? It was before it started, they were setting up. They may have had no idea the cameras were on. It may have been an "oops" moment, but to put them on blast, make assumptions after the fact and to call a person out as drunk is what I have issues with.

Wait people really think that? If you see someone at All-Star with shifty eyes sipping out of their Disney cup checking to see who's looking at them, it's probably me, hiding my margarita. People are gonna think I'm an alcoholic or something.

Oh yeah there are people who think that. It is more so to the coaches who go out an get hammered night 1 of the competition and being hung over the next day. These are also sometimes the same coaches who drink with their athletes. If you can handle your yourself and not get out of control I don't see anything wrong with a few casual drinks. I work for the US government and let me tell you they like to drink, any meeting or dinner we have they make sure it is stocked. So funny seeing some of the higher ups of the army/marines taking shots and getting rowdy.

Back