All-Star Worlds Poor Performance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And you as a spectator would have to buy a ticket online, just like if you were buying a ticket for a concert or play.

You can pay the premium price for the good seats too. A cheaper ticket will get you a cheaper seat. General seating? Outside on the screen. Make money money!

I hate those spotters... had a spotter get too close to one of our stunts in high school and the backspot sprained her ankle stepping on his foot.

It's not the company's spotter's job to catch the flyer- IT'S HER GROUP

I was confused to see spotters on the floor at Worlds. I haven't seen spotters provided for a few years now. I thought it was a bit of outdated thinking there but I'm guessing they had a legit reason to have them.

Wildcats messed up and warmed up during fiercekatz time thats what happened i believe... but by the end of the day they were back on track, well actually ahead of it

The guy running warmups messed up and told them to hurry and go to the mat. Not the Wildcats fault. The schedule we had been given had Fiercekatz performing after Wildcats, so there was no reason to assume that he had the teams wrong. It sucked having to completely warm up Wildcats twice.

I was confused to see spotters on the floor at Worlds. I haven't seen spotters provided for a few years now. I thought it was a bit of outdated thinking there but I'm guessing they had a legit reason to have them.

I think spotters at any competition are silly. But especially at Worlds. Seriously? The best in the World?

Well, let's be honest... some of those teams aren't the "best" in the world, as has been discussed in many threads on here. I definitely saw some scary stunting in a lot of cases. Still, at least make it an option, as I've seen in the past- don't want spotters? don't have them! But making it mandatory is crazy!

I can remember at NCA college nats my freshman year, we had two pyramids that rotated and the spotter was literally breathing down my neck as we're about to move... I actually yelled "Get the "f" out of our way, we're moving!" lol (glad there's no penalty for cursing haha)... If he didn't back up, the whole side of a 2-2-1 would have walked right into him and come crashing down. It's honestly hazardous. If you don't know EVERYONE's routine exactly, how do you know what's coming next? That's the whole reason we don't use them anymore- new choreography styles leave not a spare moment in between things, giving them no time to get out of the way.

Well, let's be honest... some of those teams aren't the "best" in the world, as has been discussed in many threads on here. I definitely saw some scary stunting in a lot of cases. Still, at least make it an option, as I've seen in the past- don't want spotters? don't have them! But making it mandatory is crazy!

I can remember at NCA college nats my freshman year, we had two pyramids that rotated and the spotter was literally breathing down my neck as we're about to move... I actually yelled "Get the "f" out of our way, we're moving!" lol (glad there's no penalty for cursing haha)... If he didn't back up, the whole side of a 2-2-1 would have walked right into him and come crashing down. It's honestly hazardous. If you don't know EVERYONE's routine exactly, how do you know what's coming next? That's the whole reason we don't use them anymore- new choreography styles leave not a spare moment in between things, giving them no time to get out of the way.

Yes, i was thinking that was dangerous b/c of the intricacies of the routines. Weird!

I think spotters at any competition are silly. But especially at Worlds. Seriously? The best in the World?

I don't understand it at Worlds. But for younger kids I don't have that big of a problem with them.

I HATE spotters so much. It is more unsafe to have people on the floor who aren't aware of the routine. On year after our PS we all tumbled from the middle to the back of the floor. And guess who was right in our way? I think we had two collisions that weren't even our fault. They're more of a hazard than they are a safety net

STUPID! VARSITY PEOPLE WERE NICE! ALSO JOSTENS WAS ALMOST AN HOUR AHEAD OF SCHEDULE DAY 2....

actually, that's cause the coaches were given the wrong schedule after day 1... we were told not to be there til 139 to check in for warm ups, and as we're getting off the bus at like 1230, my sister texted me saying they'd been calling us back for the past ten minutes...when we asked why the change in time they told us about the schedule mix up...

I thing those spotters can come in handy, look at Senior Elite, they may have been able to keep Maddie from hitting the ground, but if not that spotter helped her from hitting that mat. Can't tell from the video but it looked like they helped more then they hurt.

haha i remember wildcats worlds '09 when they all fell after tosses as the ending of the routine...the spotters all go to catch them and jump back realizing that what they were doing wasn't them falling/dropping someone...but it was choreographed. makes me laugh every time i see the video.

i know alot of you are saying it was to packed.
imagine how crazy it would be if they announced 2 days before that limited seats were available . . .
there would be lines like on black friday -______-
not only that but how do you tell someone " oh im sorry you spent almost 2000 on this trip from (your state/or country here) but we ran out of seats! so you cant see your son and or daughter " ! i dont know! i feel not that worlds was wack this year but you didnt make the best of it! :D

Anyone who was in the fierceboard section remembers the drama with the family who sat right in the middle of all of us. Now, that's fine. I don't have an issue with that. You can sit wherever you want. But day 2 one of my friends (someone who posts here) tried to sit down in the mothers seat when she had gone to the bathroom. There was a bag in the seat so she only sat on the corner of it. The father said "DON'T TOUCH THAT BAG, there is fragile stuff in there." She responded and was genuinely sorry. She apologized a few times and asked to sit in the seat until the mother came bag. The father GRABBED HER WRIST and held it and said "DON'T YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT". Like......in what world is it anywhere near ok to grab someones wrist and jerk them around while they apologize for sitting NEAR a bag with "fragile" items in it????

Then toward the end of day 2, the entire family was there. They were in the front row so they had someone sitting at their feet on the ledge. The mom yelled at the person sitting at her feet saying "DON'T HIT MY KNEE! I had surgery!" The person apologized over and over again but once again it blew up. They were arguing back and forth until the mom called security. Security moved the mother and her daughter to VIP seating in front of the judges for the remainder of the day!!!!! WTF!!!?!?!?
WTF! omg this is why i dont go to worlds. hahah jk but really thats ridiculous.

Back