All-Star Worlds Predictions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To my understanding medium coed (maybe medium all girl too, I'm not sure) was made up with a few crossovers, so by "try outs" they are probably just taking care of that issue so the team has enough time to work on what they will be competing at worlds. I doubt Courtney is just replacing athletes that won the bid.

I'm not affiliated with the program, but that just is what makes the most sense to me. Maybe Ceacoach can clarify what's going on.

To my understanding medium coed (maybe medium all girl too, I'm not sure) was made up with a few crossovers, so by "try outs" they are probably just taking care of that issue so the team has enough time to work on what they will be competing at worlds. I doubt Courtney is just replacing athletes that won the bid.

I'm not affiliated with the program, but that just is what makes the most sense to me. Maybe Ceacoach can clarify what's going on.
That would make sense...though again I have heard as many as 7 crossovers on Worlds teams....hmmm poor EP is not sending the team they "paid" for......

It is within the rules to use up to 10 subs for Worlds (3 of which can be alternates) USASF.NET

I don't really follow the rules and regulation process. I do cheer because this is my daughter's passion. But if I may ask the question - when this rule was implemented what was the spirit or intent of the rule? If the discussion behind the implementation of this rule was to cover unforeseen circumstance then the spirit of the rule was taken advantage of and shame on the industry for creating an ambiguous rule.

If the discussion around the rule was to cover any and all possibilities then any program is within its right to use the substitution rule and shame on the industry for not forecasting unforeseen consequences.

Learn from this and set guidelines where they are more black and white. No room for gray.

Don't worry too much about the EPs there Lakerfanatic. I think the average bid competition gets at least 100k of entry fees alone from CEA atheltes/parents not counting any other income. So I think they will be just fine.
Oh no financial pity for the ep's... My worry would be in the moral/ethical catigory!

Oh no financial pity for the ep's... My worry would be in the moral/ethical catigory!

Hmm. So are you of the opinion that unless an injury prevents participation the exact same athletes that were on the floor for the bid must be on the floor for the World's performance?

IMO, extensive use of crossovers is a sportsmanship issue, not a moral or ethical one. It is an issue that is divisive and not likely to be settled on this thread.

So, who do we think will win Worlds?

IMO, extensive use of crossovers is a sportsmanship issue, not a moral or ethical one. It is an issue that is divisive and not likely to be settled on this thread.

So, who do we think will win Worlds?

Good sportsmanship or bad sportsmanship??

I see it a little different in this case, and I think the only crossover issue for this gym is one team, the co-ed with 10 kids from SE and Co-ed elite. So from my pov, not about crossovers or sportsmanship. Costal knew that when the bid was given.

Point being that I have never seen a team sport where athletes that are not performing up to standard are not at risk for replacement, and I think the same holds true for individual sports that have team components. It is not in my opinion a moral or ethical or sportmanship question for the kids replaced any more than the kids that are effected by leaving poor performers on the team for the major competition of the year. You think the Giants or Cardinals would substitute for a player that participated in the game that clinched the respective league championship series for the Super Bowl or Game 7 of the World Series if the player was slumping or not performing? How about Alabama, or the winner of the Little League World Series? Is this a sport or an exercise in perceived fairness to all? I think I know the answer when a coach is deciding who takes the floor at Worlds and it may not be the answer given on a board. If a coach can give 34 athletes a better shot at winning Worlds by replacing 2, so be it. Sounds moral and ethical to me. If we want to get away from the pagent feel, we need to give coaches some flexibilty.

But I agree, probably played out even if interesting.

My guess for Med all girl... Panthers. Large coed... Cheetahs. Small all girl... Orange. Large all girl... F5. Of course assuming they all hit on Sunday. These are really the only divisions I have seen enough teams in action to even try to make an educated guess

I think we all know panthers are going to win medium...lol I feel like they can drop and still be in 1st I mean they did out score everyteam at NCA!

Back