All-Star Worlds Prelim Splits

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ArizonaMVP

Cheer Parent
Jun 29, 2010
I know about the live use of ping pong balls to determine performance order, but how are the splits made within the divisions (prelims)? If randomly selected, why no live video of THAT selection? That seems every bit as important as the performance order. Is it determined by the number of athletes, scores, placement at NCA? lol

I had assumed it was completely random, but after a closer look, I'm just not convinced.

I know about the live use of ping pong balls to determine performance order, but how are the splits made within the divisions (prelims)? If randomly selected, why no live video of THAT selection? That seems every bit as important as the performance order. Is it determined by the number of athletes, scores, placement at NCA? lol

I had assumed it was completely random, but after a closer look, I'm just not convinced.
what do you mean? are you talking about which teams are required to compete in prelims? it's based on your bid. partial and paid bids skip prelims. I can't think of any other division splits

what do you mean? are you talking about which teams are required to compete in prelims? it's based on your bid. partial and paid bids skip prelims. I can't think of any other division splits
Small senior and small coed are split into A and B in prelims.

small coed and small senior have division A and division B for prelims. Ten teams from each division advance to semi-finals. I have no idea how they are split. I would assume random, and by the looks of it, small coed seems random. Small senior seems to have a stronger division A but sometimes that happens even with random draw. I'm not at all surprised it wasn't televised, and none the "live draw" was really live. I was able to fast forward through to the division I was most interested in right at the start of the "live draw". I don't think it was done to manipulate anything though. And I do miss the Justin Carrier hosted live draw as that was highly entertaining!

Yes, I was referring to the small sr and small coed splits. Just wondering if those were random or somehow otherwise determined.

For the record, in no way am I suggesting any sort of manipulation. Just assumed the "live" performance order picks were to demonstrate fairness. If that is the reason, I guess I then wondered why they didn't also do the same for the splits, to show how each team was placed in each split A and B (assuming it WAS random).

Call it sour grapes, but I'm not particularly happy to be placed in such a lopsided division for small senior. Division A seems MUCH stronger. Of course that can happen with random draw, thus the question of how it was determined.

I only looked at the teams that went to NCA for fair comparison head to head. Of the teams at NCA that ended the season with at-large bids... here are the placements and rankings. I may have missed one or two. It was late.

NCA small senior rankings

13. GROUP A
15. GROUP A
16. GROUP A
17. GROUP A
18. GROUP A
19. GROUP A
20. GROUP A
21. GROUP A
27. GROUP A

22. GROUP B
23. GROUP B
24. GROUP B
28. GROUP B
29. GROUP B

So with the exception of just one team, it looks pretty lopsided if you just went with NCA scores. Looking forward to an amazing time at our second World's regardless.

Latest posts

Back